I really, really really need help

I have a sony vaio laptop. (fcg-fr872), i've installed windos xp. Laptos come
with a fn key (function) that must be pressed in order to make the f# keys to
funtion, some of these fn+f# "combos" how do i get then back? please i really
need this, y cant adjust the brrightness of the screen, aside other things.
Please help me an d explaing me like i'm a five year old.

Thank you

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

"Worldo" wrote:

> I have a sony vaio laptop. (fcg-fr872), i've installed windos xp. Laptos come
> with a fn key (function) that must be pressed in order to make the f# keys to
> funtion, some of these fn+f# "combos" how do i get then back? please i really
> need this, y cant adjust the brrightness of the screen, aside other things.
> Please help me an d explaing me like i'm a five year old.
>
> Thank you

After reveiwing the Sony website and having to guess a little for the model
# ,which is probably PCG-812, Windows XP is not supported. Therefore any
specific drivers that are needed for these special funtiion keys are
unavailable. You may need to contact Sony for assistance.

Worldo

Have you done the Sony Vaio tour yet?.. or maybe looked in the manual?.. or
visited the Sony Vaio support site?..

http://sonydb.isomedia.com/perl/model-tutorials.pl?mdl=PCGFR872&LOC=3&session_id=28334c164a671791099d7bcac4fec135

Your question has little to do with 'XP - the OS', and way more to do with
the basic hardware functions of your laptop..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Worldo" <Worldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sony vaio laptop. (fcg-fr872), i've installed windos xp. Laptos
>come
> with a fn key (function) that must be pressed in order to make the f# keys
> funtion, some of these fn+f# "combos" how do i get then back? please i
> really
> need this, y cant adjust the brrightness of the screen, aside other
> things.
> Please help me an d explaing me like i'm a five year old.
>
> Thank you

dl

And as soon as you say you've changed the o/s, they wont help