computer doest turn off

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a laptop and it doesnt turn off. when i go to the turn off menu, and
click turn off. it doesnt do anything. sometimes it will go to the windows is
logging off screen, but after about 15 minutes. Ive waited on that screen for
about 5 hours and still nothing. it also doesnt work restart or work when i
go to log off then turn off.
one day it jus didnt turn off, and i had to hold the power button down until
it did. and i know thats not good for the computer. it also wasnt a 1 time
thing its been like this for about a week. could it have anything to do with
msconfig? please help. anything would be apreciated. thanks.

Dan.

Byte

Windows XP Shutdown Troubleshooter
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Dan" wrote:

> I have a laptop and it doesnt turn off. when i go to the turn off menu, and
> click turn off. it doesnt do anything. sometimes it will go to the windows is
> logging off screen, but after about 15 minutes. Ive waited on that screen for
> about 5 hours and still nothing. it also doesnt work restart or work when i
> go to log off then turn off.
> one day it jus didnt turn off, and i had to hold the power button down until
> it did. and i know thats not good for the computer. it also wasnt a 1 time
> thing its been like this for about a week. could it have anything to do with
> msconfig? please help. anything would be apreciated. thanks.
>
> Dan.

Tasslehoff

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2004

Some more info please. What operating system are you using?

>I have a laptop and it doesnt turn off. when i go to the turn off menu,
>and
> click turn off. it doesnt do anything. sometimes it will go to the windows
> is
> logging off screen, but after about 15 minutes. Ive waited on that screen
> for
> about 5 hours and still nothing. it also doesnt work restart or work when
> go to log off then turn off.
> one day it jus didnt turn off, and i had to hold the power button down
> until
> it did. and i know thats not good for the computer. it also wasnt a 1 time
> thing its been like this for about a week. could it have anything to do
> with
> msconfig? please help. anything would be apreciated. thanks.
>
> Dan.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007