Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What i should buy the amd-a8-4500 or intel i7-3610qm

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Share
September 9, 2012 5:14:33 PM

what i should buy the amd-a8-4500 or intel i7-3610qm
a c 121 À AMD
a c 462 D Laptop
September 9, 2012 8:08:26 PM

The Core i7-3610QM is the more powerful CPU by far. There is no contest.

Regarding the integrated graphic core, the Intel HD 4000 is apparently more powerful than AMD's Radeon HD 7640G. According to the following review of the Radeon HD 7640G, the Intel HD 4000 beats the Radeon HD 7640G in 6 out of 9 games.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7640G.69836....
m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
September 9, 2012 8:44:11 PM

jaguarskx said:
The Core i7-3610QM is the more powerful CPU by far. There is no contest.

Regarding the integrated graphic core, the Intel HD 4000 is apparently more powerful than AMD's Radeon HD 7640G. According to the following review of the Radeon HD 7640G, the Intel HD 4000 beats the Radeon HD 7640G in 6 out of 9 games.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7640G.69836....


No where in that review does it lead you to believe that the HD 4000 beat out the 7640g in any games. In fact if you go to the full game list and restrict the cards to just the 7640g and HD 4000 you can clearly see that the 7640g beats it in every game listed.

As for which should you choose, it really just depends. If you are buying a laptop with no dedicated graphics card what so ever, and you want to do some light gaming, then go for the A8-4500m because it's IGP clearly beats the HD 4000. However if gaming is not in the picture or you are looking at playing 4 year old games then go for the i7 because it is far superior to the A8-4500m when it comes to processing power.

Trinity processors will never beat intel processors in raw computing power. Most of the new trinity chips don't even beat the sandy bridge processors in that department either, but if you are looking for a more well rounded set-up then trinity is the way to go. The thermals of the trinity laptops are much better than intel, and they are getting better battery life. The integrated graphics of the trinity is what is making all the difference. AMD got it right, their 7600 series IGP is rocking the HD 4000.
m
0
l
a c 121 À AMD
a c 462 D Laptop
September 9, 2012 9:34:55 PM

airanp said:
No where in that review does it lead you to believe that the HD 4000 beat out the 7640g in any games. In fact if you go to the full game list and restrict the cards to just the 7640g and HD 4000 you can clearly see that the 7640g beats it in every game listed.



It's there. You need to scroll down to where the game benchmark are and click "Compare" to expand what other graphic cards / cores compares to the HD 7640g.
m
0
l
September 11, 2012 2:36:38 AM

jaguarskx said:
It's there. You need to scroll down to where the game benchmark are and click "Compare" to expand what other graphic cards / cores compares to the HD 7640g.


I agree 100% with what jaguarskx says. The i7-3610QM does in fact kick the crap out of the AMD A8-4500M. If you're not going to be playing games on your laptop, then I would recommend even an i3 or i5 equipped laptop over an AMD A8-4500M equipped laptop. HOWEVER, if you're going to go with AMD, and/or you want to game and you don't want to go with Intel/NVIDIA, then make sure to get a laptop that has an AMD A10-4600M APU as its CPU. The A10-4600M is currently the best CPU/APU on the AMD side, being a 2.3GHz (turbo up to 3.2GHz) quad-core with 4MB of L2 cache. The IGP for the A10-4600M is the Radeon HD 7660G, which is also currently the best IGP on the AMD side. There are laptops that exist that also pair the 7660G with a 7670M dedicated GPU and put them in Crossfire for more GPU power. I haven't personally tested an A10-4600M/7660G + 7670M equipped laptop (I've seen one and used one, but never played games on it) but I hear that gaming on an A10-4600M + HD 7660G + HD 7670M is pretty awesome, and should deliver good results. That's actually the question I'm trying to get an answer to on here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/82459-35-good-laptop-...
m
0
l
!