Volume Control

May 29, 2005 5:43:02 AM

Does anyone know how i can replace the volume icon in the task bar?
When i try to do it through sounds/devices and tick the 'place on taskbar'
box it pops up with the following error
"Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume
Control program has not been installed. To install it, use Add/Remove
programs in Control Panel.
I don't know where to go as I don't know why it just stopped being in the
task bar.
Please help

More about : volume control

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 1:26:33 PM

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"stacka" <stacka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E87444BD-3703-4527-A0A5-3AF6758E6FB7@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know how i can replace the volume icon in the task bar?
> When i try to do it through sounds/devices and tick the 'place on taskbar'
> box it pops up with the following error
> "Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume
> Control program has not been installed. To install it, use Add/Remove
> programs in Control Panel.
> I don't know where to go as I don't know why it just stopped being in the
> task bar.
> Please help
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:57:29 PM

This behavior can occur if the Sndvol32.exe file is damaged or missing.

See RESOLUTION here...
Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You Receive an
Error Message When You Try to Add It
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319095

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E87444BD-3703-4527-A0A5-3AF6758E6FB7@microsoft.com,
stacka <stacka@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Does anyone know how i can replace the volume icon in the task bar?
> When i try to do it through sounds/devices and tick the 'place on taskbar'
> box it pops up with the following error
> "Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the
> Volume Control program has not been installed. To install it, use
> Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.
> I don't know where to go as I don't know why it just stopped being in the
> task bar.
> Please help
May 31, 2005 7:55:36 PM

I have the same problem and followed the instructions in the
article,however,I get an error message; "Destination is not a directory:
root\system32\sndvol32.exe."

I tried using "search" and locate the file in the cd,but I cannot copy it
either because file is either "write protected" or "in use"

Help?
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:02:01 PM

I hope you got the answer to your prob. I had the same and followed Vogels
advise and it worked. I felt like a tech

!