Norton IS 2005 compatibility

cris

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

Help

I have just installed an A7N8X-E deluxe M/B with 512 k PC3200 and and and
Athlon 2800+ xp cpu.

Following a clean install of windows xp home edition. I tried to install
Norton Sec Centre 2005 and get the following message

“Norton Internet Security 2005 installation has failed. Would you like to
try again?�

This is a new mother board and the NIS 2005 worked with the old M/B (P2
sys). It worked when the new M/B set up was installed and the old o/s run ,
but when WXP (inc sp2) installed as upgrade it did’nt work , and won’t under
a clean install.

Silly question but is there any known M/B issue? Or is it an issue with WXP.

I have another system running WXP home but there was no install issue with
that computer.

Free Symantec Technical Support
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Cris" wrote:

| Help
|
| I have just installed an A7N8X-E deluxe M/B with 512 k PC3200 and and and
| Athlon 2800+ xp cpu.
|
| Following a clean install of windows xp home edition. I tried to install
| Norton Sec Centre 2005 and get the following message
|
| “Norton Internet Security 2005 installation has failed. Would you like to
| try again?�
|
| This is a new mother board and the NIS 2005 worked with the old M/B (P2
| sys). It worked when the new M/B set up was installed and the old o/s run ,
| but when WXP (inc sp2) installed as upgrade it did’nt work , and won’t under
| a clean install.
|
| Silly question but is there any known M/B issue? Or is it an issue with WXP.
|
| I have another system running WXP home but there was no install issue with
| that computer.

Darn, I was going to ask a question about the jetting for my Del'Orto
carburetor.
:-()

> Free Symantec Technical Support
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Cris" wrote:
>
> | Help
> |
> | I have just installed an A7N8X-E deluxe M/B with 512 k PC3200 and and
> and
> | Athlon 2800+ xp cpu.
> |
> | Following a clean install of windows xp home edition. I tried to
> install
> | Norton Sec Centre 2005 and get the following message
> |
> | "Norton Internet Security 2005 installation has failed. Would you like
> | try again?"
> |
> | This is a new mother board and the NIS 2005 worked with the old M/B (P2
> | sys). It worked when the new M/B set up was installed and the old o/s
> run ,
> | but when WXP (inc sp2) installed as upgrade it did'nt work , and won't
> under
> | a clean install.
> |
> | Silly question but is there any known M/B issue? Or is it an issue with
> WXP.
> |
> | I have another system running WXP home but there was no install issue
> with
> | that computer.

Carburetor Theory and Tuning
http://www.dansmc.com/carbs2.htm