Explorer shutting down..

BlankI have a strange problem.

Whenever I click start and try to go to control panel, I get the message
that Internet Explorer is shutting down (or words to that effect). It then
shuts down and starts up again. This happens only when I go to the control
panel.

Also, when it restarts, a lot of my icons in the taskbar are missing.

Thanks for any help...It's not a major problem, but most annoying. I have
WindowsXP with all necessary updates and my system is clean of Trojans,
viruses, etc.

Helen

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Gaga6" <hel3ngaga6hwNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OzMPZYFZFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> BlankI have a strange problem.
>
> Whenever I click start and try to go to control panel, I get the message
> that Internet Explorer is shutting down (or words to that effect). It then
> shuts down and starts up again. This happens only when I go to the control
> panel.
>
> Also, when it restarts, a lot of my icons in the taskbar are missing.
>
> Thanks for any help...It's not a major problem, but most annoying. I have
> WindowsXP with all necessary updates and my system is clean of Trojans,
> viruses, etc.
>
> Helen

sims

I've tried to use the sfc.exe function of XP, but, each time I try I get the
message that I've inserted the wrong disk. Now I've got three XP Pro disks.
The orignal XP Pro, XP Pro SP1, and XP Pro SP2(slipstreamed).
If the system will not accept either of the three, how am I supposed to
perform this function??
Thanks