Verto GeForce 6800 FOR $200!

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Verto GeForce 6800 for $200!!! How about it? How well does it compare to the 256mb version? How do the cloks look on it? is it up to par with other 6800's?

<A HREF="http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=314100&pfp=BROWSE" target="_new">http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=314100&pfp=BROWSE</A>

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Clob on 12/15/04 04:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
NOOO! "Crys in hands" OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE!

wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Thanks for the heads-up on that price; my local store has 4 left and I just ordered mine. Will pick up after work tomorrow...

<font color=green><b><i>Lizards</font color=green></b> do <b>not</b> taste like <b><font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b>,<b> <font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b> tastes like <font color=green><b>lizard.</b></font color=green></i>

Plekto

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Note - there is not a single card for sale in all of California anymore, despite what the local stores and the online "checker" states.

Why? It seems as if CompUSA in their inifnite stupidity lists the item as in stock if it is in the store *EVEN THE ONES IN THE RMA CAGE*.

So take Burbank, CA. It says 4 in stock. All 4 have been sitting in the RMA cage for a month or more waiting to be sent back to PNY. They cannot legally resell them as new. Their corporate polict won't allow them to resell used items ever, so it's a complete misnomer. There are four in stock, yet none are for sale. Funny definition of "in stock".

Damn I hate CompUSA. Every time I deal with them they make BestBuy look like NewEgg. Sigh.

Oh - there were only 30 -40 in all of California when the "sale" went into effect. Twinks.

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Yeah I hear ya. Some times they are realy stupid. Got got a 60gb Maxtor with a lifetime warranty! Only cost extra 10 dollars. The drive was on sale at $30 any way. So I should allways have a hard drive. I just hope they stay on their end of the deal within the lifetime.