XP Home SP 2 won't hibernate and gives no error message

May 29, 2005 8:04:49 PM

Hi folks,

I have a Samsung X20 Notebook with 1 GB RAM installed and XP Home SP 2.

Stand-By works. But, when doing "hibernate", it only shortly flashes the
"preparing to hibernate" screen for a second and then returns to the
session. There is not any error message given. The event log shows no
error too.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards,

Lupus
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 1:56:32 PM

Try deleting the c:\hiberfil.sys file, after turning off hibernation (in Power Options). Restart to turn it back on and try it.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

!