Multi-boot: where's my disk?

May 29, 2005 11:54:03 AM

I have 2 physical hard disks. On the first I have drives C and H, on the
second drives D and I.
Drive C holds Windows XP.
Drive D holds data and is a logical drive.
Drives C, H and I are primary NTFS partitions, drive C is System, drive H is
active. All drives are formatted, and can be written to from my current
Windows XP installation.

When trying to install Windows MCE (or XP) on drive H or I, the screen where
I should be able to select a partition to install shows drive C only.

Also, if I delete partitions H and I, and select to install in unpartitioned
space, no unpartitioned space is shown.

What am I doing wrong here?
Please help,
Atoznl

More about : multi boot disk

May 29, 2005 1:18:01 PM

You'll need a third party app to create a new partition such as Partition
Magic.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Atoznl" wrote:

> I have 2 physical hard disks. On the first I have drives C and H, on the
> second drives D and I.
> Drive C holds Windows XP.
> Drive D holds data and is a logical drive.
> Drives C, H and I are primary NTFS partitions, drive C is System, drive H is
> active. All drives are formatted, and can be written to from my current
> Windows XP installation.
>
> When trying to install Windows MCE (or XP) on drive H or I, the screen where
> I should be able to select a partition to install shows drive C only.
>
> Also, if I delete partitions H and I, and select to install in unpartitioned
> space, no unpartitioned space is shown.
>
> What am I doing wrong here?
> Please help,
> Atoznl
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:28:02 PM

I have the partitions already. I use Partition Expert and Partition Magic,
whichever is easier for the job