Not usual Crystal Castles PCB

Have you ever seen this Crystal castles PCB (Images are 600K)?

http://img22.echo.cx/img22/4254/ccpcb19te.jpg
http://img22.echo.cx/img22/6615/ccpcb20to.jpg

I've always seen the single board CC, this one is double with a 18 pin
connector.
It appears to be genuine Atari but there are a lot of differences with
the usual known.
There are two silkscreened codes: C2-00168-A and C2-00168-A

Any idea about it?

Lol, looks like another likely candidate for the falcon pinout list.
Maybe Atari decided to save a step and make their own bootlegs.

Reminds me of the 2 board sandwich style Indy Jones and Road Blasters
boards..

--
-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

"Clay Cowgill" <c.cowgill@comcast.net> wrote in message
> <aminotti@gammaproinfo.it> wrote in message
>> Have you ever seen this Crystal castles PCB (Images are 600K)?
>>
>> http://img22.echo.cx/img22/4254/ccpcb19te.jpg
>> http://img22.echo.cx/img22/6615/ccpcb20to.jpg
>
> Weird! It kinda looks like a Crystal Castles board if Namco produced
> it...
> That's really odd. Never seen that before...
>
> -Clay

I wonder if some bootleggers tried to imprint the atari logo to sell a
"non-bootleg" looking bootleg. I would try and make it look official
ifIi had the ability to do so ;) But i wouldn't bootleg in the first
place.

-isaac

Vizilla wrote:
> I wonder if some bootleggers tried to imprint the atari logo to sell a
> "non-bootleg" looking bootleg.

I don't think it's a bootleg because it has many atari chips (audio
CO12294, vertical scroll 137321, trackball 137304) that were hard to
find for bootleggers.
Maybe a later/older serie, a prototype or what else?

P.S. The DIL20 chips with the stickers are pal (10L8,16L8), roms/proms
dumps are equal to the originals, pcb was found in Italy.

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

more then likely a local variety made in Italy. They did a lot of pcb
manufacturer for other companies over there. Sidam made licensed copies of
Namco pcb's (better quality imho. I have a Sidam Galaga and it has been
bullet proof!!!)