Nigel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002

current setup XP2000 cpu with XPhome sp2.

i re installed win xp 3 weeks ago and all has worked well until now. the
system starts to boot and while in the windows boot screen the system reboots.

i have tried booting using safe mode and all the other option with F8. each
time the system loads until the MUP.SYS file is reached befor rebooting
itself.

when loading using the debugging option i get the dreaaded blue sceen
staying up on the screen andf the error message "session 3 initialisation
failed. tech info - stop: 0X0000006F (0X0000009C, 0X00000000, 0X00000000,
0X000000000)

I cant find any info relating to this stop error code. any suggestions/help
will be great . please please please. i dont want to reinstall the system
again

STOP 0x0000006F During System Initialization
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=153742

Error Message:
STOP: 0x0000006F (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter)
SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1216.asp

System or Boot Disk Listed as Dynamic Unreadable in Disk Management
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=236086

[[Typically there is a problem with a device driver or with a missing or
corrupt system file used during Windows startup.]] That would probably be
MUP.SYS.

http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Scroll down to...

0x0000006F: SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:69DAA140-E876-4E3B-97DD-AE08F03304A0@microsoft.com,
nigel <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> current setup XP2000 cpu with XPhome sp2.
>
> i re installed win xp 3 weeks ago and all has worked well until now. the
> system starts to boot and while in the windows boot screen the system
> reboots.
>
> i have tried booting using safe mode and all the other option with F8.
> each time the system loads until the MUP.SYS file is reached befor
> rebooting itself.
>
> when loading using the debugging option i get the dreaaded blue sceen
> staying up on the screen andf the error message "session 3 initialisation
> failed. tech info - stop: 0X0000006F (0X0000009C, 0X00000000, 0X00000000,
> 0X000000000)
>
> I cant find any info relating to this stop error code. any
> suggestions/help will be great . please please please. i dont want to
> reinstall the system again

Byte

Have you tried a System Restore?
Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"nigel" wrote:

> current setup XP2000 cpu with XPhome sp2.
>
> i re installed win xp 3 weeks ago and all has worked well until now. the
> system starts to boot and while in the windows boot screen the system reboots.
>
> i have tried booting using safe mode and all the other option with F8. each
> time the system loads until the MUP.SYS file is reached befor rebooting
> itself.
>
> when loading using the debugging option i get the dreaaded blue sceen
> staying up on the screen andf the error message "session 3 initialisation
> failed. tech info - stop: 0X0000006F (0X0000009C, 0X00000000, 0X00000000,
> 0X000000000)
>
> I cant find any info relating to this stop error code. any suggestions/help
> will be great . please please please. i dont want to reinstall the system
> again

Nigel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002

unable to start system to carry out restore.

tried using chkdsk with recovery console on cdrom but nothing found.

"Byte" wrote:

> Have you tried a System Restore?
> Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
> --
> Some days you're the windshield,
> some days you're the bug.
>

> "nigel" wrote:
>
> > current setup XP2000 cpu with XPhome sp2.
> >
> > i re installed win xp 3 weeks ago and all has worked well until now. the
> > system starts to boot and while in the windows boot screen the system reboots.
> >
> > i have tried booting using safe mode and all the other option with F8. each
> > time the system loads until the MUP.SYS file is reached befor rebooting
> > itself.
> >
> > when loading using the debugging option i get the dreaaded blue sceen
> > staying up on the screen andf the error message "session 3 initialisation
> > failed. tech info - stop: 0X0000006F (0X0000009C, 0X00000000, 0X00000000,
> > 0X000000000)
> >
> > I cant find any info relating to this stop error code. any suggestions/help
> > will be great . please please please. i dont want to reinstall the system
> > again

This is not my area of expertise, but I am wondering if you sent/copied an
image file to this PC?

For example, I seem to recall that you can send an image from a laptop to a
desktop, but not from the same desktop to the same laptop.

You may want to peruse this web page if it is applicable.
http://cquirke.mvps.org/sp2intel.htm#Prescott

Also, MUP.SYS is described at
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Articles/ArticleID/4907/pg/2/2.html
scroll down to the paragraph named Resource Name Resolution

I seem to recall it may also be a registry setting (do not recall which one)
or perhaps a problem with a USB port/driver.

This web page explains how to recover from a corrupted registry.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307545

Finally, have you viewed the thread at
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/126bcc9500dd229c/ffb4a1a91cb2e217?q=mup.sys+boot+registry&rnum=8&hl=en#ffb4a1a91cb2e217
There are some good comments about MUP.SYS that would mean more to you since
you obviously have the inside knowledge.

Good luck as you may have your hands full with this one.

--
Michael

"nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> current setup XP2000 CPU with XP Home SP2.
>
> i re installed win XP 3 weeks ago and all has worked well until now. the
> system starts to boot and while in the windows boot screen the system
> reboots.
>
> i have tried booting using safe mode and all the other option with F8.
> each
> time the system loads until the MUP.SYS file is reached before rebooting
> itself.
>
> when loading using the debugging option i get the dreaded blue screen
> staying up on the screen and the error message "session 3 initialization
> failed. tech info - stop: 0X0000006F (0X0000009C, 0X00000000, 0X00000000,
> 0X000000000)
>
> I cant find any info relating to this stop error code. any
> suggestions/help
> will be great . please please please. i dont want to reinstall the system
> again

"nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> current setup XP2000 cpu with XPhome sp2.
>
> i re installed win xp 3 weeks ago and all has worked well until now. the
> system starts to boot and while in the windows boot screen the system
reboots.

> i have tried booting using safe mode and all the other option with F8.
each
> time the system loads until the MUP.SYS file is reached befor rebooting
> itself.
>
> when loading using the debugging option i get the dreaaded blue sceen
> staying up on the screen andf the error message "session 3 initialisation
> failed. tech info - stop: 0X0000006F (0X0000009C, 0X00000000, 0X00000000,
> 0X000000000)
>
> I cant find any info relating to this stop error code. any
suggestions/help
> will be great . please please please. i dont want to reinstall the system
> again

You did not actually say whether you could boot into <Safe Mode>. If you
can't, then you almost certainly have a hardware issue. Try booting from the
XP disk. You have to set your BIOS to boot from CDRom. If you cannot boot
from the system disk, at this stage, I'd suspect a faulty processor, and I'd
have it checked out.

Nigel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002

i am unable to boot up the system at all. i have gone through the reinstall
proceedure and selected repair twice, i am still unable to boot up in any
mode.