Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Blackberry with Fido?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
October 23, 2004 3:39:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Anyone know if Fido will offer this? Or will I have to wait for the
merger with Rogers since I dont want to change phone numer.

Thanks

M.

More about : blackberry fido

Anonymous
October 23, 2004 9:04:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Micho wrote:
>
> Anyone know if Fido will offer this? Or will I have to wait for the
> merger with Rogers since I dont want to change phone numer.

While Fido doesn't market the blackberry, is there anything in its network
that prevents a blackberry from working ?

As I recall, this thing plugs into a specific server via IP/GPRS to push
emails to you. So unless Fido blocks that port, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 11:32:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

It won't work. BB are blocked for the Rogers Network and effectively, to
work correctly as a data device, the BB connects to some internal servers of
Rogers.

You will have to wait until Rogers take over.

By the way, Rogers will lauch their new 7290 end of Oct. and 7100t mid
Nov...

7290, 4band, 32 meg, bluetooth
7100t, 4band, 32 meg, bluetooth, phone form factor (neat!)


"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
news:417A1E58.B591D359@teksavvy.com...
> Micho wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know if Fido will offer this? Or will I have to wait for the
> > merger with Rogers since I dont want to change phone numer.
>
> While Fido doesn't market the blackberry, is there anything in its network
> that prevents a blackberry from working ?
>
> As I recall, this thing plugs into a specific server via IP/GPRS to push
> emails to you. So unless Fido blocks that port, I don't see why it
wouldn't work.
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 7:12:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

well the older models were used on microcell.

Keep in mind, RIM employees are entitled to a free blackberry to be used for
work. And RIM had a large contract with microcell for Blackberry coverage
and cell phone use (for use of fido phones.) that was of course before the
Blackberry 7210 which was RIM's first phone enabled PDA. The 7210 did work
on Microcell as it was tested on Microcell's network.


"dafond" <dafond@videotron.ca> wrote in message
news:lmred.49827$J61.1300317@wagner.videotron.net...
> It won't work. BB are blocked for the Rogers Network and effectively, to
> work correctly as a data device, the BB connects to some internal servers
> of
> Rogers.
>
> You will have to wait until Rogers take over.
>
> By the way, Rogers will lauch their new 7290 end of Oct. and 7100t mid
> Nov...
>
> 7290, 4band, 32 meg, bluetooth
> 7100t, 4band, 32 meg, bluetooth, phone form factor (neat!)
>
>
> "JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
> news:417A1E58.B591D359@teksavvy.com...
>> Micho wrote:
>> >
>> > Anyone know if Fido will offer this? Or will I have to wait for the
>> > merger with Rogers since I dont want to change phone numer.
>>
>> While Fido doesn't market the blackberry, is there anything in its
>> network
>> that prevents a blackberry from working ?
>>
>> As I recall, this thing plugs into a specific server via IP/GPRS to push
>> emails to you. So unless Fido blocks that port, I don't see why it
> wouldn't work.
>
>
!