QOTD: Did You Preorder Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I did pre-order Win 7 after trying out the RC and found it worked well with nearly all my components. I chose Win 7 Pro to replace my XP Pro.

dzeric

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
No, it was really sad. I was looking forward to it, at that price, but the RC locked up every 30 min or so due to horrible Creative sound drivers. I gotta have my surround sound :( . Staying with Vista x64

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I ended up getting the Windows 7 Professional, didn't feel like paying for the Ultimate because as nice as bitlocker would be to have, I can't see spending an extra 100 or so for it, especially with a lot of freeware tools that do the same job.

Been using the RC and can say I can't wait for the full version.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
NO. upgrades are a pain in the ASS.

seems if i want a full version, im going to have to pay (too much.) Windows 7 will be pirated, just like all my windows operating systems before it.

Microsoft doesnt mind anyway. They COULD very well release the OS for less, and have consumers more willing to purchase it. But they dont, because they will make more off the OEM sales with higher prices. Oh well. Whatever. YAR me matey.

itsme

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
yes, I have been running 64-bit win7 since beta without a problem, games run great. My X-fi sound card worked since day one. I got it because I'm running 8gb of ram now so I need a 64-bit OS.

P_haze420

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
It is time for me update to window 7 from xp. I'm getting bored with xp even though it is perfect. No, I'm did not pre-order it or buying it. Going download torrent. :) still too pricey for the economy crisis.

Zagen30

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
I pre-ordered an upgrade for my 2-year-old laptop that has Vista Home Premium. I'm going to have to wait to get 7 for my new desktop since the only OS on it is 7 RC (didn't want to pay for an OS with 7 right around the corner). If they make a retail family pack at a good price (i.e. if the family pack is cheaper than an upgrade and one retail copy) I may cancel the laptop's upgrade. I figure that by March, when the RC starts shutting down every 2 hours, I'll be able to find a decent price on a retail copy of 7.

G

I ordered two copies of Home Premium and one of Ultimate.

Figured I'd get them while I have the money. Windows 7 runs much better than Vista ever did.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I was tempted to pre-order a single copy of win7 until I heard about the likely "family pack" 3 user license for around $150.00. Will buy it on post with a military discount, maybe after the hype wears out and some patches are released.

G

Yeah, two copies preordered for Home Premium. Shame they didn't offer the deal on Ultimate. Not that I really needed/wanted its features :)

G

Have 4 PCs in the home, all are 7 capable. Have been using RC1 on 2 full time. Can't wait for release, so I signed up for Technet today, using discount coupon code. Ended up paying 280$ US for 10 licenses of 7 Ultimate, clean installations to boot, no Vista to 7 upgrades =) I'll also be getting Office 2010 as part of the technet subscription, woot!

Coupon code is: TMSAM10 Not sure if it is only US...

martin33w20

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Of course, change is a part of the I.T. world. I already had full retail copies of visa home prem64, so I got the upgrade. Since I have 5 computers, I will wait for the family pack for the others. I believe it will be the next XP and adopted by the Corporate Markets, skipping Vista!

G

Windows 7 is to Vista as Windows 98 was to Windows 95 ie. a minor upgrade. I am waiting for the next XP. I need some radical changes to the O/S before I say good-bye to XP. Where is my "no reboot", resizable partitions, optional drive letters, symbolic links, and features that I haven't seen in Unix O/S? Come on Microsoft, how can you spend billions and produce such ordinary stuff?

blaze589

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
No. I'm currently up and running on a Pentium D 830 processor which isn't worth further investments given its aged performance. I'll pick up a full OEM installation when I, Dr. Frankenstein create a new beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS