GT 610vs GT 635?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azam_62

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hi
I want to know that when we say Geforce GT610 or Geforce GT635 for graphic card of a laptop,
what do we mean by 610 or 635?
what factor does it determine?
I would be really appreciate if someone help me

Solution
Good question, which has no short answer.

Hardware companies have a numbering/naming strategy that supposedly conveys information about the features and capability of the product. This normally changes every few years when they run out of numbers and then have to start afresh.

Anyway, the current Nvidia scheme uses 3 numbers. The first number identifies the product family, while the last two identify where that product fits inside the family.

Using your example, the 610 and the 635 are both part of the 6 series (or 600 series, depending on how you look at it). This means they have more or less the same features and use the same architecture. Comparing the other numbers, since 35 is higher than 10, the 635 should be faster than the...
Good question, which has no short answer.

Hardware companies have a numbering/naming strategy that supposedly conveys information about the features and capability of the product. This normally changes every few years when they run out of numbers and then have to start afresh.

Anyway, the current Nvidia scheme uses 3 numbers. The first number identifies the product family, while the last two identify where that product fits inside the family.

Using your example, the 610 and the 635 are both part of the 6 series (or 600 series, depending on how you look at it). This means they have more or less the same features and use the same architecture. Comparing the other numbers, since 35 is higher than 10, the 635 should be faster than the 610.

Hope this helps a bit.

Solution

azam_62

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hi
thank u so much for ur complete answer
that was so nice and informative
but could u tell me the unit of 30 or 35 in my example?
I wanna know the value of difference this two types
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.