Sign in with
Your question

PixelView GeForce 6600GT AGP Wont Pass 3DMark03

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2004 7:58:22 AM

I just purchaced a brand new PixelView GeForce 6600GT AGP card for my computer and i wanted to do a 3DMark03 mark on it but every time i run the benchmark it locks up either in the nature one or the troll one. The card seems stable in most other games (battlefield vietnam and 1942, NFS Underground2, etc). I re-aranged the power cables so the card has a direct unshared line and it didnt help and i updated 3DMark03 to the latest aswell as my drivers without any luck.

What else can i do? Would a re-install of windows fix this issue? Or is it caused from a lack of psu power or is it a 3DMark issue with the new agp bridge chip or card?

My Computer:
P4 2.6c
PixelView 6600GT 128mb AGP Video
1x512mb DDR400 Ram (single for the time)
Albatron i865 mobo
Creative Audigy Sound
Onboard NIC
Seagate 80gb SATA HDD
Pioneer 16x DVDRom
Leadtek TV2000XP TV Card
Cheap 400w P4 PSU
December 18, 2004 12:33:47 PM

I have similar specs to what u have..... only a 2.8GHz P4 and 3dmark 03 runs all the way thru and gives me a mark over 8000 which I am happy with. I too have a cheap 400W psu, so that is not the problem as some may tell you. I really cannot help you with your problem tho...... sorry.
a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2004 9:38:09 PM

It very well may be his power supply. One problem with cheap power supplies is that they lack consistancy, his might be worse than yours.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
December 19, 2004 10:13:28 AM

I had a slightly different problem. My rig:

MSI K7N2 Delta mobo
Nvidia Gforce 6800GT
AthlonXP3200
2x512Mb PC2700 DDRRAM
and the problems started when I bought a cheap 450W PSU

I thought it being 450W it wouldn't matter it was cheap as i didn't have the Ultra version of the card but i was wrong. Everytime I ran 3dMark03/05 and any other games, it would run fine for 5 min, and then the computer just switch off, like someone pulled the plug out the socket while i was playing and i couldn't start it up until i unplug the computer for a few moments and plugged it back in. After a month of suffering all that I splashed out on a good 480w Thermlake PSU and i have never had any problems ever since.

So I sould suggest the first place you look in is your PSU.
December 19, 2004 3:24:46 PM

Antec and Sparkle make the best power supplies. My Antec 425W True Blue is running two drives, a very power hungry video/tv card(needs second power connector and has a fan like a 6800), plus five fans, including the CPU's.

No glitches. It puts out 425W consistently. Two years of constant use and no problems.
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2004 12:35:42 AM

LOL!

Vikings are killing mine, made my FXGO 5200 unable to run 3Dmk05. Damn Vikings! Worse than Gremlins!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2004 1:31:17 AM

Only thing BUD has ever produced that's any good, their ads.

Bud Light institute gave you the opportunity to call in a viking attack to avoid annoying outdoor 'get-together' commitments.

"DAMN Vikings!"
:cool:

Can't get clips for that stuff expect for Ad-Critic that requires log-in (they used to be free the ba$$tardz!).

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
!