Win Explorer "memory could not be written" and then App lo..

When I use Windows Explorer and attempt to delete files, I get the following
Error MessageApplication popup: explorer.exe - Application Error : The
instruction at "0x0366335f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory
could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

The support center site provides no help.

Thanks

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"GatorLHA2" <GatorLHA2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD29B449-E3BB-4088-9FE4-B58828122A14@microsoft.com...
> When I use Windows Explorer and attempt to delete files, I get the following
> Error MessageApplication popup: explorer.exe - Application Error : The
> instruction at "0x0366335f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory
> could not be "written".
>
> Click on OK to terminate the program
> Click on CANCEL to debug the program

> The support center site provides no help.
>
> Thanks

Thanks for the response, I tried that already and it didn't make any
difference.
I ran the program twice, (which by the way requires the WIN XP installation
disc) and the program showed the progress bar moving from left to right.
When the bar reached the end, it just disappeared, with no followup report of
errors corrected or no errors found.

The error only happens when I try to delete files using the right click or
toolbar, also unless I run the Dr Watson via the Debug opption, no errors
show up in the event log.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
> 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "GatorLHA2" <GatorLHA2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD29B449-E3BB-4088-9FE4-B58828122A14@microsoft.com...
> > When I use Windows Explorer and attempt to delete files, I get the following
> > Error MessageApplication popup: explorer.exe - Application Error : The
> > instruction at "0x0366335f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory
> > could not be "written".
> >
> > Click on OK to terminate the program
> > Click on CANCEL to debug the program

> > The support center site provides no help.
> >
> > Thanks

I would try 'chkdsk /r', and take a look at this site.

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

--

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> I would try 'chkdsk /r', and take a look at this site.
>
> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>

> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "GatorLHA2" <GatorLHA2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD388E0C-4EED-47B0-A2AA-957D3FCD83D5@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the response, I tried that already and it didn't make any
> > difference.
> > I ran the program twice, (which by the way requires the WIN XP installation
> > disc) and the program showed the progress bar moving from left to right.
> > When the bar reached the end, it just disappeared, with no followup report of
> > errors corrected or no errors found.
> >
> > The error only happens when I try to delete files using the right click or
> > toolbar, also unless I run the Dr Watson via the Debug opption, no errors
> > show up in the event log.
> >

> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows
> >> Server
> >> 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Mark L. Ferguson
> >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> >> ..

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks

The ShellExView Shell Extensions Manager located the corrupted item and
solved the problem. It was a Shortcut to Shred XP. Data from ShellExView
posted below. The problem not only affected the right click it also affected
the delete key on the keyboard.

Shortcut to Shred XP Yes Context
Menu 2.0.3.6 Gale-Force No No No C:\PROGRA~1\GALE-F~1\ShredXP\SHREDX~1.DLL {6A1E4CE1-0549-0200-C028-CE90F5C75150} 7/1/2004
4:05:38 PM 7/10/2004 7:58:03 PM No .avi, .InCDSendTo, .lnk, .wmv,
AllFilesystemObjects, AVIFile, CompressedFolder, jpegfile, lnkfile, wmafile,
WMVFile