i cant move stuff

hi

Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a file i
doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
15 answers Last reply
More about move stuff

    Windegal

    It is not possible to move programs around and still expect them to work..
    it is not that simple..

    Regarding 'smoe' files, some of the files you are attempting to move are
    undoubtedly 'system' files, and as such are protected and/or in use..

    For more help, please try to be a little more specific..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    Windegal wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
    > file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help

    Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
    "smoe file" [/sic/]?

    Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
    sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
    your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
    much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
    please post them verbatim.

    How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    How to Act Smart on Usenet

    Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp

    How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

    Otherwise, you might as well try here:

    Psychic Friends Network
    (800) 592-7827

    Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly understand
    the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and don't intimidate
    at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies.. Keep up the great
    work!

    > Windegal wrote:
    >> hi
    >>
    >> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
    >> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
    >
    > Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
    > "smoe file" [/sic/]?
    >
    > Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
    > sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
    > your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
    > much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
    > please post them verbatim.
    >
    > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > How to Act Smart on Usenet
    >
    > Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    >
    > How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
    > http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >
    > Otherwise, you might as well try here:
    >
    > Psychic Friends Network
    > (800) 592-7827
    >

    > --
    > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    What does "WTF" mean? It doesn't seem to be a standard Internet and/or
    e-mail abbreviation.

    Thank you,

    Barry Karas

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 22:52:22 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
    <test@test.com> wrote:

    >Windegal wrote:
    >> hi
    >>
    >> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
    >> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
    >
    >Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
    >"smoe file" [/sic/]?
    >
    >Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
    >sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
    >your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
    >much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
    >please post them verbatim.
    >
    >How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    >http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    >How to Act Smart on Usenet
    >http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    >
    >Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    >http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    >
    >How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
    >http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >
    >Otherwise, you might as well try here:
    >
    >Psychic Friends Network
    >(800) 592-7827

    You understood the OP then?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OwxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
    > understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
    > don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
    > Keep up the great work!
    >

    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >> Windegal wrote:
    >>> hi
    >>>
    >>> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
    >>> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
    >>
    >> Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
    >> "smoe file" [/sic/]?
    >>
    >> Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
    >> sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
    >> your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
    >> much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
    >> please post them verbatim.
    >>
    >> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> How to Act Smart on Usenet
    >>
    >> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    >>
    >> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
    >> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >>
    >> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
    >>
    >> Psychic Friends Network
    >> (800) 592-7827
    >>

    >> --
    >> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/WTF

    See also

    http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/WTH

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:u5hk911d346eo8ol0lbsh75mq2sgd4mesn@4ax.com,
    Barry Karas <bkaras@adelphia.net> hunted and pecked:
    > What does "WTF" mean? It doesn't seem to be a standard Internet and/or
    > e-mail abbreviation.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas
    >
    > On Sun, 29 May 2005 22:52:22 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
    > <test@test.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Windegal wrote:
    >>> hi
    >>>
    >>> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
    >>> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
    >>
    >> Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
    >> "smoe file" [/sic/]?
    >>
    >> Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
    >> sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
    >> your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
    >> much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
    >> please post them verbatim.
    >>
    >> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> How to Act Smart on Usenet
    >>
    >> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    >>
    >> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
    >> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >>
    >> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
    >>
    >> Psychic Friends Network
    >> (800) 592-7827

    That's not the point of my post and you know it.
    > You understood the OP then?
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:OwxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
    >> understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
    >> don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
    >> Keep up the great work!
    >>

    >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

    >>> Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is
    >>> "smoe file" [/sic/]?
    >>>
    >>> Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
    >>> sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
    >>> your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
    >>> much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
    >>> please post them verbatim.
    >>>
    >>> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    >>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>>
    >>> How to Act Smart on Usenet
    >>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    >>>
    >>> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    >>>
    >>> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
    >>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >>>
    >>> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
    >>>
    >>> Psychic Friends Network
    >>> (800) 592-7827
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    Oh and by the way, the OP is saying she can't move files and folders and
    can't copy some (smoe) files.

    Jim wrote in message..

    "That's not the point of my post and you know it."

    So you didn't understand it, then?..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    >> You understood the OP then?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:OwxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
    >>> understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
    >>> don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
    >>> Keep up the great work!
    >>>

    >>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

    True. Nevertheless, I agree with Sarah proper English sure can't hurt.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uom1IDKZFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
    > That's not the point of my post and you know it.
    >> You understood the OP then?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:OwxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
    >>> understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
    >>> don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
    >>> Keep up the great work!
    >>>

    >>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

    That is STILL not the point.

    > Jim wrote in message..
    >
    > "That's not the point of my post and you know it."
    >
    > So you didn't understand it, then?..
    >

    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    >>> You understood the OP then?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:OwxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >>> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I agree also. Proper English is a must to be understood . So it only goes to
    show that proper etiquette is a must to be taken seriously,otherwise what's
    the point of posting to help others?

    > True. Nevertheless, I agree with Sarah proper English sure can't hurt.
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:uom1IDKZFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> That's not the point of my post and you know it.
    >>> You understood the OP then?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:OwxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >>> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Wesley Vogel wrote:
    > True. Nevertheless, I agree with Sarah proper English sure can't
    > hurt.

    Just kill-file it, Wes, I have. It has never posted anything helpful - ever.
    If you Google it all you will find are criticisms of others' posts - no help
    at all.

    It also keeps changing its email address to evade kill-filing; I've just had
    to readd it.

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Kill file me??? I would place a huge bet that you have been kill-filed by
    more people than I EVER will be.
    By the way, I haven't changed my addy so how can that be that you kill-filed
    me and can still see my post? (yes I changed my addy for this post to be
    sure you would see it) .I'm sure your use to kill-filing LOTS of people lol.
    Mr. Vogel didn't disagree with what I was trying to get across did he?

    > Wesley Vogel wrote:
    >> True. Nevertheless, I agree with Sarah proper English sure can't
    >> hurt.
    >
    > Just kill-file it, Wes, I have. It has never posted anything helpful -
    > ever. If you Google it all you will find are criticisms of others' posts -
    > no help at all.
    >
    > It also keeps changing its email address to evade kill-filing; I've just
    > had to readd it.
    >

    > --
    > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Miss Tick,

    Don't take it for granted that all the people who visit this site have
    English as their first language, and don't mistake typing errors for poor
    grammar. No one deserves to be punched in the face (figuratively) for asking
    for help. Badly done.

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

    > Windegal wrote:
    > > hi
    > >
    > > Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
    > > file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
    >
    > Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
    > "smoe file" [/sic/]?
    >
    > Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
    > sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
    > your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
    > much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
    > please post them verbatim.
    >
    > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > How to Act Smart on Usenet
    >
    > Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    >
    > How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
    > http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >
    > Otherwise, you might as well try here: