i cant move stuff

May 29, 2005 6:33:02 PM

hi

Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a file i
doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help

More about : move stuff

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 11:03:59 PM

Windegal

It is not possible to move programs around and still expect them to work..
it is not that simple..

Regarding 'smoe' files, some of the files you are attempting to move are
undoubtedly 'system' files, and as such are protected and/or in use..

For more help, please try to be a little more specific..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Windegal" <Windegal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a file
> doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:52:22 AM

Windegal wrote:
> hi
>
> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help

Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
"smoe file" [/sic/]?

Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
please post them verbatim.

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

May 30, 2005 2:52:23 AM

Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly understand
the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and don't intimidate
at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies.. Keep up the great
work!

> Windegal wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
>> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
>
> Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
> "smoe file" [/sic/]?
>
> Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
> sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
> your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
> much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
> please post them verbatim.
>
> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>
> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>
> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>
> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>
> Psychic Friends Network
> (800) 592-7827
>

> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:52:23 AM

What does "WTF" mean? It doesn't seem to be a standard Internet and/or
e-mail abbreviation.

Thank you,

Barry Karas

On Sun, 29 May 2005 22:52:22 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<test@test.com> wrote:

>Windegal wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
>> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
>
>Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
>"smoe file" [/sic/]?
>
>Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
>sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
>your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
>much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
>please post them verbatim.
>
>How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
>http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
>How to Act Smart on Usenet
>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
>http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>
>How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
>http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>
>Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>
>Psychic Friends Network
>(800) 592-7827
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:52:24 AM

You understood the OP then?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o wxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
> Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
> understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
> don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
> Keep up the great work!
>

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> Windegal wrote:
>>> hi
>>>
>>> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
>>> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
>>
>> Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
>> "smoe file" [/sic/]?
>>
>> Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
>> sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
>> your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
>> much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
>> please post them verbatim.
>>
>> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>>
>> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>>
>> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>>
>> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>>
>> Psychic Friends Network
>> (800) 592-7827
>>

>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:52:24 AM

http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/WTF

See also

http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/WTH

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:u5hk911d346eo8ol0lbsh75mq2sgd4mesn@4ax.com,
Barry Karas <bkaras@adelphia.net> hunted and pecked:
> What does "WTF" mean? It doesn't seem to be a standard Internet and/or
> e-mail abbreviation.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Barry Karas
>
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 22:52:22 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
> <test@test.com> wrote:
>
>> Windegal wrote:
>>> hi
>>>
>>> Can you help me solve this problem when i want to move a program or a
>>> file i doesn't do it I can't even copy smoe files??? please help
>>
>> Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is a
>> "smoe file" [/sic/]?
>>
>> Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
>> sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
>> your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
>> much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
>> please post them verbatim.
>>
>> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>>
>> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>>
>> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>>
>> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>>
>> Psychic Friends Network
>> (800) 592-7827
May 30, 2005 2:52:25 AM

That's not the point of my post and you know it.
> You understood the OP then?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o wxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
>> understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
>> don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
>> Keep up the great work!
>>

>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

>>> Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is
>>> "smoe file" [/sic/]?
>>>
>>> Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
>>> sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
>>> your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
>>> much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
>>> please post them verbatim.
>>>
>>> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>>
>>> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>>>
>>> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>>>
>>> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
>>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>>>
>>> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>>>
>>> Psychic Friends Network
>>> (800) 592-7827
>>>

>>> --
>>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

May 30, 2005 2:52:25 AM

Oh and by the way, the OP is saying she can't move files and folders and
can't copy some (smoe) files.

> You understood the OP then?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o wxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
>> understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
>> don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
>> Keep up the great work!
>>

>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

>>> Suggest you start paying more attention in your English lessons. WTF is
>>> "smoe file" [/sic/]?
>>>
>>> Please repost adhering to the common nuances of written English (that's
>>> sentences, correctly placed punctuation, spelling and grammar). As it is
>>> your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also need to include
>>> much more detail - wtf does "it doesn't do it" mean? Any errors? If so,
>>> please post them verbatim.
>>>
>>> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>>
>>> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>>>
>>> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>>>
>>> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
>>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>>>
>>> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>>>
>>> Psychic Friends Network
>>> (800) 592-7827
>>>

>>> --
>>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:52:26 AM

Jim wrote in message..

"That's not the point of my post and you know it."

So you didn't understand it, then?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

>> You understood the OP then?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:o wxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
>>> understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
>>> don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
>>> Keep up the great work!
>>>

>>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:52:26 AM

True. Nevertheless, I agree with Sarah proper English sure can't hurt.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uom1IDKZFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
> That's not the point of my post and you know it.
>> You understood the OP then?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:o wxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Another outstanding reply in a kind and caring manner. You truly
>>> understand the frustrations some inexperienced computer users have and
>>> don't intimidate at all with crass, demeaning language in your replies..
>>> Keep up the great work!
>>>

>>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

May 30, 2005 2:52:27 AM

That is STILL not the point.

> Jim wrote in message..
>
> "That's not the point of my post and you know it."
>
> So you didn't understand it, then?..
>

> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

>>> You understood the OP then?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:o wxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>>> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:

May 31, 2005 2:21:13 AM

I agree also. Proper English is a must to be understood . So it only goes to
show that proper etiquette is a must to be taken seriously,otherwise what's
the point of posting to help others?

> True. Nevertheless, I agree with Sarah proper English sure can't hurt.
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:uom1IDKZFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:
>> That's not the point of my post and you know it.
>>> You understood the OP then?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:o wxeTqJZFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>>> Jim <NOSPAM@no.com> hunted and pecked:

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:20:40 AM

Wesley Vogel wrote:
> True. Nevertheless, I agree with Sarah proper English sure can't
> hurt.

Just kill-file it, Wes, I have. It has never posted anything helpful - ever.
If you Google it all you will find are criticisms of others' posts - no help
at all.

It also keeps changing its email address to evade kill-filing; I've just had
to readd it.

May 31, 2005 6:20:41 AM

Kill file me??? I would place a huge bet that you have been kill-filed by
more people than I EVER will be.
By the way, I haven't changed my addy so how can that be that you kill-filed
me and can still see my post? (yes I changed my addy for this post to be
sure you would see it) .I'm sure your use to kill-filing LOTS of people lol.
Mr. Vogel didn't disagree with what I was trying to get across did he?

news:o ZOme.4114$Kt2.3163@fe07.highwinds-media.phx...
> Wesley Vogel wrote:
>> True. Nevertheless, I agree with Sarah proper English sure can't
>> hurt.
>
> Just kill-file it, Wes, I have. It has never posted anything helpful -
> ever. If you Google it all you will find are criticisms of others' posts -
> no help at all.
>
> It also keeps changing its email address to evade kill-filing; I've just
> had to readd it.
>

> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:20:03 PM

Miss Tick,

Don't take it for granted that all the people who visit this site have
English as their first language, and don't mistake typing errors for poor
grammar. No one deserves to be punched in the face (figuratively) for asking
for help. Badly done.

!