Sign in with
Your question

How to fix Dell N5010 battery low problem?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 10, 2012 5:05:45 PM

battery getting low very early.. in 1and half hour battery low....what to do??
a b D Laptop
September 10, 2012 5:29:43 PM

Buy a new battery? How old is the current battery?
m
l
September 17, 2012 5:15:17 AM

hum...but its tooo early, battery is only one nd half year old.....
m
l
Related resources
June 24, 2013 6:35:05 AM

1 1/2 years sounds about right for an average laptop battery. In fact, depending on what cells were used, some are only designed to last 1 year tops. I know this sounds low, but the trend lately, has been to reduce capacity and service life in favor of flashy low prices.

For example, here is a Inspiron N5010 battery that uses very high quality cells from Panasonic that deliver extra power and are designed to last a long time.

(In case the embedded link doesn't work here is the direct URL http://www.safebatteries.com/inspiron-n5010-battery-bla...)

This 6 cell Inspirion N5010 battery is built using much more expensive Panasonic NNP cells to rate at 5800mAh/62 Wh and and should last much longer in therms of service life.

Unfortunately, most after market laptop battery sellers don't sell batteries designed to last that long and/or provide less power then the original in many cases (A.K.A 4400mAh batteries)

It really does depend on the the type of cells that were used. If they spent .50 cents per cell then you are going to hate the battery, if the spent $7-$8 per cell then the performance will meet your expectations or perhaps exceed them.
m
l
August 27, 2013 10:18:36 PM

jmazzella said:
1 1/2 years sounds about right for an average laptop battery. In fact, depending on what cells were used, some are only designed to last 1 year tops. I know this sounds low, but the trend lately, has been to reduce capacity and service life in favor of flashy low prices.

For example, here is a Inspiron N5010 battery that uses very high quality cells from Panasonic that deliver extra power and are designed to last a long time.

(In case the embedded link doesn't work here is the direct URL http://www.safebatteries.com/inspiron-n5010-battery-bla...)

This 6 cell Inspirion N5010 battery is built using much more expensive Panasonic NNP cells to rate at 5800mAh/62 Wh and and should last much longer in therms of service life.

Unfortunately, most after market laptop battery sellers don't sell batteries designed to last that long and/or provide less power then the original in many cases (A.K.A 4400mAh batteries)

It really does depend on the the type of cells that were used. If they spent .50 cents per cell then you are going to hate the battery, if the spent $7-$8 per cell then the performance will meet your expectations or perhaps exceed them.

m
l
August 27, 2013 10:21:08 PM

i dont think so... i own the dell inspiron n5010 and the battery life is about 1 year and 1-2 months... i am really dissapointed.... in the beggining i thought that by playing games and not put out the battery destroyed my 1st battery but now my battery is destroyed again... and i did put out the battery while i was playing multiplayer games like League Of Legends and NFSW
m
l
September 10, 2013 8:59:25 PM

Mike Sotiropoulos said:
i dont think so... i own the dell inspiron n5010 and the battery life is about 1 year and 1-2 months... i am really dissapointed.... in the beggining i thought that by playing games and not put out the battery destroyed my 1st battery but now my battery is destroyed again... and i did put out the battery while i was playing multiplayer games like League Of Legends and NFSW

When I say premium, I mean the specifically the Panasonic NNP cells which retain about %70 of their capacity at 500 charges, so 700-800 charges may not be unreasonable to expect. Dell does not use these in any of their products and I looked for them (Lenovo uses them sometimes, but the replacements cost a ton when they do $139 for a 6 cell ) All OEM manufactures tend to use a middle of the road cell for their batteries which last about 400-500 charges with normal use and then they are dead.

That said, 1 year sound very short for an OEM that sounds like only about 300 charges. Sometimes heat from the CPU will cause the battery die early, sometime the battery may have been sitting in too long in a warehouse somewhere and it is old. Lastly, even the OEM batteries companies will sometimes use cells that are not really premium cells due to the high cost of really good cells.

One thing you can do is check the power consumption of the laptop when on battery power. If you draw alot of power from the battery quickly, this will shorten the service life by half! By alot I mean consistently over 30Wh (playing video games causes this to happen as well). I use the BatteryCare utility to see my own usage. Its free and can be downloaded at Batterycare.net

The tool one time showed that I was consuming around 35Wh and looked into it and found that it was my antivirus program (I actually had two different ones running) combined with alot of disk activity via memory swapping to the harddrive. One I fix that, I went back down to 20-22Wh
m
l
December 6, 2013 11:25:13 PM

Hai

I Have buy a Dell Inspirion n5010 with Windows 7. After a year it is showing CMOS power faliure and strike F1 ,F2 to continue.

it is turning off automatically in 5secs . I have Replace CMOS battery and it is showing the same problems.i dont know what to do

please reply a comment i need to fix it .i believe Dell is Nice Company

[:( ]
m
l
January 27, 2014 11:17:19 PM

Hi
i have the same problem but i din replace CMOS battery yet.
How to do it?
m
l
!