Problem with IE

I`m trying to help a neighbor with an IE installation problem and am not
sure if this the group to ask but if not maybe I could be directed to
the right place.
Problem: There is no icon on the desktop for IE. Tried to Install IE 6.0
on her computer. Exe program downloads OK but when I try to install it,
it says that a newer version is already installed on the computer and
this will not be installed. I`ve checked the Internet Explorer file in
the Program Files but there is no Internet Explorer there. Any help on
how to install this would be appreciated. (I ran a Virus scan and
removed removed alot of virus but this didn`t help.)
2 answers Last reply
More about problem

    Checkout

    Michael

    Michael T wrote:
    > Checkout

    > Michael
    >
    > "Mal" <mstockma@nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I`m trying to help a neighbor with an IE installation problem and am not
    >>sure if this the group to ask but if not maybe I could be directed to the
    >>right place.
    >>Problem: There is no icon on the desktop for IE. Tried to Install IE 6.0
    >>on her computer. Exe program downloads OK but when I try to install it, it
    >>says that a newer version is already installed on the computer and this
    >>will not be installed. I`ve checked the Internet Explorer file in the
    >>Program Files but there is no Internet Explorer there. Any help on how to
    >>install this would be appreciated. (I ran a Virus scan and removed removed
    >>alot of virus but this didn`t help.)

    Thank you. That`s what I wanted.

Internet Explorer Computers Microsoft Windows XP