I`m trying to help a neighbor with an IE installation problem and am not
sure if this the group to ask but if not maybe I could be directed to
the right place.
Problem: There is no icon on the desktop for IE. Tried to Install IE 6.0
on her computer. Exe program downloads OK but when I try to install it,
it says that a newer version is already installed on the computer and
this will not be installed. I`ve checked the Internet Explorer file in
the Program Files but there is no Internet Explorer there. Any help on
how to install this would be appreciated. (I ran a Virus scan and
removed removed alot of virus but this didn`t help.)

Checkout

Michael

Michael T wrote:
> Checkout

> Michael
>
> "Mal" <mstockma@nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>I`m trying to help a neighbor with an IE installation problem and am not
>>sure if this the group to ask but if not maybe I could be directed to the
>>right place.
>>Problem: There is no icon on the desktop for IE. Tried to Install IE 6.0
>>on her computer. Exe program downloads OK but when I try to install it, it
>>says that a newer version is already installed on the computer and this
>>will not be installed. I`ve checked the Internet Explorer file in the
>>Program Files but there is no Internet Explorer there. Any help on how to
>>install this would be appreciated. (I ran a Virus scan and removed removed
>>alot of virus but this didn`t help.)

Thank you. That`s what I wanted.