maxpain456

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
A6-4400m 7520g+7670m

8gb ddr3 1333mhz

500gb hdd 5400rpm

Acer-V3-551g-7696
I just added 4GB stick to make it 8.

Red orchestra 2 i running much better in dual graphics, but bfbc2, dirt 3, and bf3 still are running very poorly. i have updated drivers and have the latest CAPs.

If anyone have fixed performance issues please help me out, and dont give me any of that notebookcheck crap.

You should just have to disable crossfire in CCC. Notebookcheck is not crap and is even confirming what you said. Without dual graphics the 7670m performs better in those stated games. This is just one of those cases where amd needs to fix its drivers.

maxpain456

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
I guess because it's running off trinity and not llano that driver support has not completely come around yet. patient seems to be the key.

maxpain456

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
however with dirt 3 it feels even when i turn off dual graphics and only use the 7670m i still get bad performance any idea why? i know the 7670m should run on high at smooth frames but im barley getting 32 fps.... :(

airanp

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012

Understand that while a higher frame rate may seem like it's running smoother the human eye can only really comprehend 30FPS or so which is why sites like notebookcheck and others display 25FPS or higher as running smooth in their benchmarks. Their test systems however also usually include an i7 quad core processor and 8Gb of 1600Mhz ram and an SSD I believe so unless you are replicating the exact system specs with your computer you can not trust their numbers 100% when it comes to what you will be getting.

As for the 7520g+7670m dual graphics, there are a lot of games out there that do not take full advantage of it yet and even if they do there is going to be micro stuttering on occasion due to the nature of crossfire. My suggestion would be utilize only the 7670 when ever possible and only try to rely on the dual when the dedicated just cant handle it by itself and hope that what ever you are trying to do supports the dual. There currently is no fix for the performance issues unfortunately. You are stuck waiting for drivers to mature and games to better implement the dual graphics.

A small little side fix, that may not seem like a fix at all but it is a suggestion, is if you want to play at higher settings you can lower the resolution a bit to compensate. I know it seems like it is defeating the purpose but as it stands currently it is the only thing I can think of for you to raise your FPS right now.

maxpain456

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
That is one thing i was wondering abut ram. do you think updating it to 8 gb of 1600mhz instead of 1333mhz would help? Because before this computer i had a Hp 1035dx with the a10-4600m and it ran dirt alot better than 7670m is this most likely due to trinity taking advantage of 1600mhz ram?

airanp

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012

It may help but it's not going to be a "night and day" change. It is proven that the trinity architecture does like the faster speeds due to the way it handles it. In fact I would suggest to everyone that invests in a trinity powered laptop to upgrade to 1600Mhz ram the first chance they got.

Ram speed has an affect when using the integrated since the igpu uses ram for vram but I haven't seen anything significant with a discrete card. Dirt 3 is one of those few games that are noticably affected by ram speed regardless and also cpu speed.

Going off topic, humans do not see in frames, and can process well over 30fps. 60 is easily distinguishable and can be tested yourself since monitors go to 60-75. Mousemonkey just posted a link that said our vision is about 30 megapixels and 70 fps. Although from my research I'll believe fps perception to be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.