Neo Geo 6 slot Video RAMs - can 6264's be used?

My 6 slot Neo Geo is giving the error:

Video RAM Error

WRITE READ
00008000 5555 FFCF

From reading around here it looks to me that BOTH the video RAMs are
at fault, is that correct?

The two RAMs in question are, I think, the *narrow* 28-pin CXK5864
chips (not CXK5814 as I see is often mentioned here). Is that right?

There is space on the board to fit 'wider' RAM chips instead (ie 0.6
'width' instead of the CXK's 0.3) and I'm wondering if I can using
some HM6264-70 RAMs that I have (either that or some UT6264PC-70LL
that I also have).

Or aren't the 6264's compatible with the CXK's?

Thanks

I use cy7c128a ram whenever I have to replace the video ram on Neo
Geos,works great
and is readily available.

max-man wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:23:25 -0400, "Dave Whitman"
> <dwhitman@northstate.net> wrote:
>
> >I use cy7c128a ram whenever I have to replace the video ram on Neo
> >Geos,works great
> >and is readily available.
>
> Cheers. I was in fact looking at the wrong RAMs, hence my 'miss-typed'
> part no. :)

I still have the Sony Video Ram chips CXK5814P35L that are for the
Neo-Geo boards, it will also replace the Toshiba TMM2028AP35, these are
often on eBay or I will sell directly to members of this group. They
are 24 pin narrow(.3)and I supply them with or without ic sockets. I
always suggest people go to the Neo-Geo.com/fourm and read the posting
by nigntmare tony about Neo-Geo ram. It is true that Cypress
semiconductor also makes a replacement for these chips. Make sure your
board uses one of the two listed part numbers before ordering. Kind
Regards, Vidgamman7

On 26 Jun 2005 10:02:12 -0700, Vidgamman7@att.net wrote:

>I still have the Sony Video Ram chips CXK5814P35L that are for the
>Neo-Geo boards, it will also replace the Toshiba TMM2028AP35, these are
>often on eBay or I will sell directly to members of this group. They
>are 24 pin narrow(.3)and I supply them with or without ic sockets. I
>always suggest people go to the Neo-Geo.com/fourm and read the posting
>by nigntmare tony about Neo-Geo ram. It is true that Cypress
>semiconductor also makes a replacement for these chips. Make sure your
>board uses one of the two listed part numbers before ordering. Kind
>Regards, Vidgamman7

Cheers - I now have some of the Cypress RAMs on order. :)