folder option

when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on msn.Please
help
4 answers Last reply
More about folder option

    File association error message while trying to view profiles from Yahoo
    Messenger:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/yahooprofiles.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "virgin" <virgin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
    > error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
    > allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on msn.Please
    > help

    when i go into a file or folder i get search results how do I close that to
    go straight to my folder and files

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > File association error message while trying to view profiles from Yahoo
    > Messenger:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/yahooprofiles.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "virgin" <virgin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
    > > error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
    > > allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on msn.Please
    > > help

    Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
    when double clicking a folder © Doug Knox
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

    Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:3E6E0250-0E4D-4392-B44E-1E9C326AA138@microsoft.com,
    sweetcake <sweetcake@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > when i go into a file or folder i get search results how do I close that
    > to go straight to my folder and files
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> File association error message while trying to view profiles from Yahoo
    >> Messenger:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/yahooprofiles.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "virgin" <virgin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
    >>> error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
    >>> allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on
    >>> msn.Please help

    Issue: Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder

    This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
    File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
    feature for folders. (example)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    Resolution:

    Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
    (Tip from David Candy)

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    -or-

    To fix this manually via registry:

    If this problem is seen for Drives:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
    Set (default) to "none" (without ")

    If this problem is seen for folders:

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]
    Set (default) to "none" (without ")

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "sweetcake" <sweetcake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i go into a file or folder i get search results how do I close that
    > go straight to my folder and files
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> File association error message while trying to view profiles from Yahoo
    >> Messenger:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/yahooprofiles.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "virgin" <virgin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
    >> > error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
    >> > allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on
    >> > msn.Please
    >> > help

Support Yahoo Microsoft Windows XP