when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on msn.Please
help

File association error message while trying to view profiles from Yahoo
Messenger:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/yahooprofiles.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"virgin" <virgin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
> error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
> allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on msn.Please
> help

when i go into a file or folder i get search results how do I close that to
go straight to my folder and files

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> File association error message while trying to view profiles from Yahoo
> Messenger:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/yahooprofiles.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "virgin" <virgin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
> > error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
> > allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on msn.Please
> > help

Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
when double clicking a folder © Doug Knox
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3E6E0250-0E4D-4392-B44E-1E9C326AA138@microsoft.com,
sweetcake <sweetcake@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> when i go into a file or folder i get search results how do I close that
> to go straight to my folder and files
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> File association error message while trying to view profiles from Yahoo
>> Messenger:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/yahooprofiles.htm
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "virgin" <virgin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> when i try to view yahoo profiles I get a folder options application
>>> error..It tells me to create an association.I am missing something that
>>> allows me to view profiles on yahoo chat.I can view profiles on
>>> msn.Please help

Issue: Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder

This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
feature for folders. (example)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

Resolution:

Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
(Tip from David Candy)

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

-or-

To fix this manually via registry: