WHAT THE F**K!!!

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
ok im am so pissed off right now. im not sure if this is ther right place to be posting but owell. ok i got 2 450 mhz p3s i dont know what is wrong with them all the parts are working because of the heat coming off of them. when i try to boot up the moniter is blank..... i checked the jumber settings and all that crap maby something is dead but thats why i need your help please!!!! this is killing me. i think it may be the ati 128 but im not sure . thank you in advanced.

parts in the Pentium 3:
p3 450 mhz
ati rage 128
2 sticks oki ram(i think its something like 32 megs i know i need alot more).
quantum fireball CX 6.8 AT
and these were made by a company named SYKES.

thank you for any futurte posts.

No money, No parts, No fun!!!
AMD Duron 850 mhz
Epox-8KTA3+
Voodoo 5 5500

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
why are you swearing? that's not very nice

NOT VERY FUUCKING NICE AT ALL!

Also what OS are you using? I'm guessing Win98? have you tried testing using a different videocard? Also having "heat" coming off them doesn't mean they're working-_-

Have a nice [-peep-] day :D

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I specialize in those, send them to me, I'll refurb them, sell them, and give you 20%. The dealer will get 20% too. I'll get 30%, and the other 30% is for your shipping cost.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Cyrus

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
Try to clean the dust using brush then spray it with contact cleaner. Many old computer aren't working anymore just because they have too much dust or dead/slow fan.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
ya sorry for the swearing but i put the star thingys lol. and i dont know how much you would get for 2 old p3's refurbed. ya it might be the dust their are like cobwebs in it lol ill try that and im not sure what os its running because it hasnt started up it says 98.....so ya. i know its not the moniter cause ive tried 3 with 2 different vid cards on the same system. its one of those specialy desinged for whatevers in it so i realy cant put anymore new vid cards in. thanks for your replys

AMD Duron 850 mhz
Epox-8KTA3+
Voodoo 5 5500

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
ok i had no luck with the dust cleaning ill try cleaning the other system and re check the jumper setting maby its just something in this system. ok well thanks for helping.

AMD Duron 850 mhz
Epox-8KTA3+
Voodoo 5 5500

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
ok i tried it and the same things are happening. but i dont have the second card at this house. so ill need to try the other vid card out and then conclude if its that. Its just the moniter stays idle. well crap.

AMD Duron 850 mhz
Epox-8KTA3+
Voodoo 5 5500

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
look at what...and back then i didnt have this system i got it a couple monthes ago for free. the only working computer ( spet for mac) is my 333 mhz hp celeron.have had that for like 7 years lol.

AMD Duron 850 mhz
Epox-8KTA3+
Voodoo 5 5500