Space Invaders as mood indicators?

Last response: in Video Games
June 24, 2005 7:02:34 PM

Saw this interesting eBay item for Space Invaders as artwork, however,
when I read the story about John, one owner of such a set, and the
interesting way his wife ended up using the cosmic characters, I had to
chuckle.

June 24, 2005 7:46:07 PM

You know, I am aware that everyone's appreciation of art is different.
But really now, what did this guy do but steal someone else's idea and
paint it in day-glow colors?
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 10:47:21 PM

i like the idea.. not so much the colors.
i might do something like this for my house.. different color scheme.

anyone have any ideas which other game sprites might make good art pieces?

k.

<computerspacefan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Saw this interesting eBay item for Space Invaders as artwork, however,
> when I read the story about John, one owner of such a set, and the
> interesting way his wife ended up using the cosmic characters, I had to
> chuckle.

d=1

Related resources
June 24, 2005 11:15:19 PM

>>anyone have any ideas which other game sprites might make good art pieces?

Well, as micrologix stated, this was stolen...not the game characters but
the canvased artwork idea. The original person who sold a number of sets
on ebay (and posted in RGVAC about them) did all sorts of games, including
space invaders, pac-man and dig dug. The original implementation was more
appealing colorwise.

tim (NH)

"Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
>i like the idea.. not so much the colors.
> i might do something like this for my house.. different color scheme.
>
> anyone have any ideas which other game sprites might make good art pieces?
>
> k.
>
> <computerspacefan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Saw this interesting eBay item for Space Invaders as artwork, however,
>> when I read the story about John, one owner of such a set, and the
>> interesting way his wife ended up using the cosmic characters, I had to
>> chuckle.
>>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
> d=1

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:21:21 AM

micrologix1500@yahoo.com wrote:
> You know, I am aware that everyone's appreciation of art is different.
> But really now, what did this guy do but steal someone else's idea and
> paint it in day-glow colors?

Andy Warhol got famous doing that exact thing.(not that I like either of
their works)

--
Don't forget to remove the "Vegetable" from my email address to write me
directly!