IRQ Conflict

Hi guys/ ladies.

I recently upgraded my graphics card to nVidia G-Force 6600GT. First of all,
Xp wouldn't down load the drivers, as i got a msg on screen saying that the
software didn't pass the Microfoft logo test, so i forced it. Unfortunatley,
when i play a games, the picture will distort with odd shapes, Sorry not sure
how to describe it.

What i would like to know is, within the device manager everything is
showing as ok no conflicts, but the graphics card is using (PCI) 16 with
Intel ( R ) 8280 1EB USB Universal Host Controllers- 24D2 and -24DE. I have
read that nVide need a seperate IRQ, but am unable to change it in Bios as
its not listed, how do i fix this, without throwing my pc out the window!
I am using a Fujitsu Scaleo 600, Xp home Edition. with 1.5 G of memory.

Sorry its so long. Many thanks for any help you can offer me.
3 answers Last reply
More about conflict

    NVIDIA cards do NOT need a separate IRQ in Windows XP. Maybe for Win98.

    Your problem likely was in installing drivers that were not WHQL certified.
    Remember that the latest and greatest drivers may not be certified. I would
    not use them until they are. Certified drivers are known to be stable on the
    majority of machines.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "the cause" <thecause@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys/ ladies.
    >
    > I recently upgraded my graphics card to nVidia G-Force 6600GT. First of
    > all,
    > Xp wouldn't down load the drivers, as i got a msg on screen saying that
    > the
    > software didn't pass the Microfoft logo test, so i forced it.
    > Unfortunatley,
    > when i play a games, the picture will distort with odd shapes, Sorry not
    > sure
    > how to describe it.
    >
    > What i would like to know is, within the device manager everything is
    > showing as ok no conflicts, but the graphics card is using (PCI) 16 with
    > Intel ( R ) 8280 1EB USB Universal Host Controllers- 24D2 and -24DE. I
    > have
    > read that nVide need a seperate IRQ, but am unable to change it in Bios as
    > its not listed, how do i fix this, without throwing my pc out the window!
    > I am using a Fujitsu Scaleo 600, Xp home Edition. with 1.5 G of memory.
    >
    > Sorry its so long. Many thanks for any help you can offer me.

    Thank you Richard for your advice, according to nVidia the software is WHQL
    certified, and compliant with Windows Xp. I had trouble installing the
    drivers off the cdrom and both the nVidia web site. Could you advise which
    drivers i should try and that have been WHQL certified?

    Many thanks.

    "Richard Urban" wrote:

    > NVIDIA cards do NOT need a separate IRQ in Windows XP. Maybe for Win98.
    >
    > Your problem likely was in installing drivers that were not WHQL certified.
    > Remember that the latest and greatest drivers may not be certified. I would
    > not use them until they are. Certified drivers are known to be stable on the
    > majority of machines.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > "the cause" <thecause@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi guys/ ladies.
    > >
    > > I recently upgraded my graphics card to nVidia G-Force 6600GT. First of
    > > all,
    > > Xp wouldn't down load the drivers, as i got a msg on screen saying that
    > > the
    > > software didn't pass the Microfoft logo test, so i forced it.
    > > Unfortunatley,
    > > when i play a games, the picture will distort with odd shapes, Sorry not
    > > sure
    > > how to describe it.
    > >
    > > What i would like to know is, within the device manager everything is
    > > showing as ok no conflicts, but the graphics card is using (PCI) 16 with
    > > Intel ( R ) 8280 1EB USB Universal Host Controllers- 24D2 and -24DE. I
    > > have
    > > read that nVide need a seperate IRQ, but am unable to change it in Bios as
    > > its not listed, how do i fix this, without throwing my pc out the window!
    > > I am using a Fujitsu Scaleo 600, Xp home Edition. with 1.5 G of memory.
    > >
    > > Sorry its so long. Many thanks for any help you can offer me.

    I have personally used every version of NVIDIA WHQL drivers made available
    for the past three years. I never had a problem with any of them. I also
    habitually install the new drivers on top of the older version without any
    problems. So, I don't believe that NVIDIA seems to be in the position of
    offering defective software, as has happened with other video board
    manufacturers.

    I would suggest that you download the drivers a second time. Then extract
    then to a temporary folder. Then run the setup program from within that
    folder. Reboot when instructed to!

    --

    > Thank you Richard for your advice, according to nVidia the software is
    > WHQL
    > certified, and compliant with Windows Xp. I had trouble installing the
    > drivers off the cdrom and both the nVidia web site. Could you advise
    > which
    > drivers i should try and that have been WHQL certified?
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > "Richard Urban" wrote:
    >
    >> NVIDIA cards do NOT need a separate IRQ in Windows XP. Maybe for Win98.
    >>
    >> Your problem likely was in installing drivers that were not WHQL
    >> certified.
    >> Remember that the latest and greatest drivers may not be certified. I
    >> would
    >> not use them until they are. Certified drivers are known to be stable on
    >> the
    >> majority of machines.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >>
    >> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    >> "the cause" <thecause@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi guys/ ladies.
    >> >
    >> > I recently upgraded my graphics card to nVidia G-Force 6600GT. First of
    >> > all,
    >> > Xp wouldn't down load the drivers, as i got a msg on screen saying that
    >> > the
    >> > software didn't pass the Microfoft logo test, so i forced it.
    >> > Unfortunatley,
    >> > when i play a games, the picture will distort with odd shapes, Sorry
    >> > not
    >> > sure
    >> > how to describe it.
    >> >
    >> > What i would like to know is, within the device manager everything is
    >> > showing as ok no conflicts, but the graphics card is using (PCI) 16
    >> > with
    >> > Intel ( R ) 8280 1EB USB Universal Host Controllers- 24D2 and -24DE. I
    >> > have
    >> > read that nVide need a seperate IRQ, but am unable to change it in Bios
    >> > as
    >> > its not listed, how do i fix this, without throwing my pc out the
    >> > window!
    >> > I am using a Fujitsu Scaleo 600, Xp home Edition. with 1.5 G of memory.
    >> >
    >> > Sorry its so long. Many thanks for any help you can offer me.

Graphics Cards Windows XP