lost of folders

hello

i have installed the foldergaurd in my system and restricted some very
important folders in the system and also i have made them hidden, but when i
again want to check them next day, they are even invisible to me and i got
scared and uninstalled the software from my system, in view that this can
solve my problem but this is not happened, they are still invisible to me
though they are in the memory of the harddisk, i can know this when i found
the total memory of the viewable folders is far less then then the total used
memory shown by the windows, can you please help me in restoring my very
important folders to get back to me, this is my life and death problem
thanks and regards
saladi swamy sekhar

Hi,

Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options, and on the View tab, set the options
so you can see hidden and system files. Specifically:

Enable (check) "Display the contents of system folders"
Enable (check) "Show hidden files and folders"
Disable (uncheck): "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)"

I also recommend that you disable (uncheck) "hide extensions for known file
types".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"sekhar" <sekhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello
>
> i have installed the foldergaurd in my system and restricted some very
> important folders in the system and also i have made them hidden, but when
> again want to check them next day, they are even invisible to me and i got
> scared and uninstalled the software from my system, in view that this can
> solve my problem but this is not happened, they are still invisible to me
> though they are in the memory of the harddisk, i can know this when i
> found
> the total memory of the viewable folders is far less then then the total
> used
> memory shown by the windows, can you please help me in restoring my very
> important folders to get back to me, this is my life and death problem
> thanks and regards
> saladi swamy sekhar

dl

You need to seek help at Folder Guard - its their software.
If your sys was formated in NTFS there are numerous security options
available with that. No need for an external app.
Anyway as they are very important you can recover from your backups - you do
have backups?