Closed

Cant delete file named ".exe". Note no filename, just exte..

Cant delete file named ".exe". Note no filename, just extension. WindowsXP
seems to think the file is in use (which it is not). Actually it seems that
Windows thinks Im deleting "." (ie "this" directory). On older (Win98) I
could start in console mode and kill such files. On WinXp this option is not
available, so I have no f*ing way to fix anything but to reformat my disk or
live with it (will do probably the later).
1 answer Last reply
More about cant delete file named note filename exte

    I answer my own post. The file survived two reboots and every spell (read
    curse) I cast at it. But after the third reboot it was gone. Case closed.

    --
    > Cant delete file named ".exe". Note no filename, just extension. WindowsXP
    > seems to think the file is in use (which it is not). Actually it seems that
    > Windows thinks Im deleting "." (ie "this" directory). On older (Win98) I
    > could start in console mode and kill such files. On WinXp this option is not
    > available, so I have no f*ing way to fix anything but to reformat my disk or
    > live with it (will do probably the later).

Filename Windows XP