tech: centipede will not sync

i have a centipede pcb that will not sync. monitor is 100% and all the volts
are correct on the power supply and everything checks out fine so i know its
the board. any suggestions where to start would be great
3 answers Last reply
More about tech centipede sync

    Did it sync at one point? Is it set to positive sync?

    "Larry" <lmagrie2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >i have a centipede pcb that will not sync. monitor is 100% and all the
    >volts
    > are correct on the power supply and everything checks out fine so i know
    > its
    > the board. any suggestions where to start would be great

    when i got this machine it would sync after about 5 to 10 minutes but it
    would sit half way up the screen
    "Jason Souza" <jsouza@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Did it sync at one point? Is it set to positive sync?
    >
    > "Larry" <lmagrie2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >i have a centipede pcb that will not sync. monitor is 100% and all the
    > >volts
    > > are correct on the power supply and everything checks out fine so i know
    > > its
    > > the board. any suggestions where to start would be great

    "Larry" <lmagrie2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > i have a centipede pcb that will not sync. monitor is 100% and all the
    volts
    > are correct on the power supply and everything checks out fine so i know
    its
    > the board. any suggestions where to start would be great

    If you're trying to use negative-going composite sync, as most games do, I'd
    say the problem is a bad 7407 TTL chip located at A9. I've run into that
    before.

    But if you're using positive-going vertical sync and horizontal sync, those
    are provided on the board, too. Those come from a 7407 at location A/B10.

    That should take care of your problem.

    HTH,

    Matt J. McCullar

Power Supplies Video Games