TECH: Dual Jamma-How to?

Dad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2005

I would like to put 2 games in one cabinet, with a switch.
Do I need one of those elaborate jamma switchers (at 80 or 100 a pop) or is
there a method of jury rigging it?
I have seen cabinets with 2 games in them, but didn't have time to decifer
the wiring.
If anyone has a JAMMA switch they are parting with for a good price, that
would be cool too!

Thanks

you'll need active circuity to switch the video and sound at a minimum (or a
bunch of hard physical switches).

your best bet would be to just buy a multi-jamma solution.

"DaD" <tabby238N@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to put 2 games in one cabinet, with a switch.
> Do I need one of those elaborate jamma switchers (at 80 or 100 a pop) or
> is there a method of jury rigging it?
> I have seen cabinets with 2 games in them, but didn't have time to decifer
> the wiring.
> If anyone has a JAMMA switch they are parting with for a good price, that
> would be cool too!
>
> Thanks

Isn't another inexpensive and relatively easy option, to wire the
cabinet with two Jamma harnesses, two switchers, and a single 3-way
switch on the back? I believe it is described on Bob Roberts' web
site.

Wade

Steve Muccione wrote:
> you'll need active circuity to switch the video and sound at a minimum (or a
> bunch of hard physical switches).
>
> your best bet would be to just buy a multi-jamma solution.

yup... bobs method will do it... he only keeps one board powered at a time
so wire-or'ing the outputs together isn't an issue.

Be a hell of a mess in the cabinet though...