Explorer.exe Application error when right clicking any file

When a user right click any file in windows explorer. Explorer crashes with
the following error :

Explorer.exe - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the
application at location 0x7c59bbf3.

This problem only occurs if the user is in the user restricted group. It's
a real problem because I have to put my users in the power user group. This
problem occurs on both 2k and XP.

Anyone?? I've found someone with a similar problem but no solution yet.
http://www.mcse.ms/message676714.html

Thanks

Tyler

Hi Tyler,

Generally, that indicates a problem with a context menu entry. See this
link:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Tyler D." <tylerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When a user right click any file in windows explorer. Explorer crashes
> with
> the following error :
>
> Explorer.exe - Application Error
> The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the
> application at location 0x7c59bbf3.
>
> This problem only occurs if the user is in the user restricted group.
> It's
> a real problem because I have to put my users in the power user group.
> This
> problem occurs on both 2k and XP.
>
> Anyone?? I've found someone with a similar problem but no solution yet.
> http://www.mcse.ms/message676714.html
>
> Thanks
>
> Tyler

Nailed it. It was the free winzip clone filzip.

Thanks a lot Rick. Saved me lots problems.

Tyler