Explorer.exe Application error when right clicking any file

When a user right click any file in windows explorer. Explorer crashes with
the following error :

Explorer.exe - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the
application at location 0x7c59bbf3.

This problem only occurs if the user is in the user restricted group. It's
a real problem because I have to put my users in the power user group. This
problem occurs on both 2k and XP.

Anyone?? I've found someone with a similar problem but no solution yet.
http://www.mcse.ms/message676714.html

Thanks

Tyler
2 answers Last reply
More about explorer application error clicking file

    Hi Tyler,

    Generally, that indicates a problem with a context menu entry. See this
    link:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Tyler D." <tylerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When a user right click any file in windows explorer. Explorer crashes
    > with
    > the following error :
    >
    > Explorer.exe - Application Error
    > The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the
    > application at location 0x7c59bbf3.
    >
    > This problem only occurs if the user is in the user restricted group.
    > It's
    > a real problem because I have to put my users in the power user group.
    > This
    > problem occurs on both 2k and XP.
    >
    > Anyone?? I've found someone with a similar problem but no solution yet.
    > http://www.mcse.ms/message676714.html
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tyler

    Nailed it. It was the free winzip clone filzip.

    Thanks a lot Rick. Saved me lots problems.

    Tyler

    > Hi Tyler,
    >
    > Generally, that indicates a problem with a context menu entry. See this
    > link:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Tyler D." <tylerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > When a user right click any file in windows explorer. Explorer crashes
    > > with
    > > the following error :
    > >
    > > Explorer.exe - Application Error
    > > The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the
    > > application at location 0x7c59bbf3.
    > >
    > > This problem only occurs if the user is in the user restricted group.
    > > It's
    > > a real problem because I have to put my users in the power user group.
    > > This
    > > problem occurs on both 2k and XP.
    > >
    > > Anyone?? I've found someone with a similar problem but no solution yet.
    > > http://www.mcse.ms/message676714.html
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Tyler

Windows Explorer Explorer Microsoft Windows XP