Help !!! [SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1..

I get this service control mgr errror below ... id 7032

The Computer Browser service terminated with the following error:
This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

when i query the id, it say

[SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

I get this error after i installed SP2, there are times my PC hanged ( even
keyboard hanged ) have anything to do with this error ...

anyone knows ??
1 answer Last reply
More about help enumqueryservicesstatus openservice failed

    I don't know if it does or not, but I know that bad drivers can stop services. My guess would be you will find the Workstation
    service stopped, which you need for the net. (start/run, type SERVICES.MSC )

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Beisaikong" <Beisaikong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F822668B-3912-4FFE-BA38-7690D7C0EA26@microsoft.com...
    >I get this service control mgr errror below ... id 7032
    >
    > The Computer Browser service terminated with the following error:
    > This operation returned because the timeout period expired.
    >
    > when i query the id, it say
    >
    > [SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:
    > The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
    >
    > I get this error after i installed SP2, there are times my PC hanged ( even
    > keyboard hanged ) have anything to do with this error ...
    >
    > anyone knows ??

Microsoft Windows XP