SLI Bridge Connectors

Kulutues

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2004
I saw in a review here that there are SLI bridge connectors in adjustible lengths. I was wondering where can I buy one of these because neither my motherboard (X6DAG8-G) nor my pair of 6600GT's has one.

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I think nVidia is now making one that has a flexible cable connector which solves the problem. I don't know if it's out or where to buy one, however...

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
What motherboard is that?! If I were you, I'd contact your mobo manufacturer or nV.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

Kulutues

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2004
Thanks, I will order the system today, and look for the flexible cable from nVidia in the coming weeks/months...
Do you know if you can still utilize the SLI fuatures without the cable, like in a limited capacity? I thought I saw it somewhere that it was possible, but I cant seem to remember what article it was that I read it in.

Kulutues

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2004
Its the SuperMicro X6DA9-G. They say that since they arent an nVidia partner, they arent required to manufacture that connector. I have prbably called them 5 times in the last few weeks about this, and they say the connector should come with my video cards. I called eVGA,a nd they say it should come from the mobo, so I emailed nVidia, and find out that it should come with the mobo, but Supermicro has no plans to make it.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Hmmm, I've never heard of the connector coming with the cards, so eVGA is out of the question. I guess eBay is your next hope...or maybe bugging nV some more (afterall, they are the only ones that have the flexible ones, IIRC).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I think the card manufactureer will give the connector. When all those tests at [H], thg and Anand happened, I think they were sent along with the card.

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
They come with the motherboard becuase the mobo manufacturers have to set the distance the two slots are apart. It changes board to board.

<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/php/shadus.php" target="_new">Shadus</A>

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
I agree with Shadus, the SLI Bridge has to come from the mobo maker, because only they know exactly how far apart the PCI express slots are...

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
The model is a type eh?

Anyways, Super-Micro originally designed a proprietary dual video system eerily similar to the dual voodoo from way back when. It was surprising to see them jump on the nVidia SLI architecture.

If they are refusing to provide you with an SLI connector, you should sh!t can them and send the board back. Unless you can fabricate your own, that board's SLI features are useless to you.

It seems odd that they are not willing to resolve this from their end, as they are historically a pretty good support company.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>