Floppy drive has disappeared

I was trying to load some info off an old 3.5 floppy and found that the
computer does not seem to recognize it. The drive itself is fine because I
can boot from it, but when windows xp is fully loaded I get the

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating the driver, etc. but
nothing works. Also, I'm not sure if this is connected but I tried the sfc
/scannow and it gets to a certain point and then the computer shuts down.

Joker
5 answers Last reply
More about floppy drive disappeared

    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
    corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Reasons for this error include a driver that
    is not present; a binary file that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or a
    driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not
    be loaded.
    Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall
    or upgrade the driver.

    On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the
    troubleshooting wizard.

    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "News" wrote:

    > I was trying to load some info off an old 3.5 floppy and found that the
    > computer does not seem to recognize it. The drive itself is fine because I
    > can boot from it, but when windows xp is fully loaded I get the
    >
    > Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
    > corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
    >
    > I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating the driver, etc. but
    > nothing works. Also, I'm not sure if this is connected but I tried the sfc
    > /scannow and it gets to a certain point and then the computer shuts down.
    >
    > Joker

    The Floppy Disk Drive Is Missing in My Computer Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812489

    Floppy Disk Drive Does Not Appear in the My Computer Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;817196

    Additional info:
    CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code
    39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

    Did that, no good.
    --
    Joker
    "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

    T> The Floppy Disk Drive Is Missing in My Computer Folder
    T> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812489

    That solved the problem.
    --
    Joker
    "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."
    Gen. 21:6

    Pleased the problem is solved.

    Kaylene

    "Joker" <post_master@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > T> The Floppy Disk Drive Is Missing in My Computer Folder
    > T> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812489
    >
    > That solved the problem.
    > --
    > Joker
    > "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." Gen. 21:6

Floppy Disk Windows XP