Floppy drive has disappeared

Tags:
  • Floppy Disk
  • Windows XP
May 30, 2005 5:38:51 PM

I was trying to load some info off an old 3.5 floppy and found that the
computer does not seem to recognize it. The drive itself is fine because I
can boot from it, but when windows xp is fully loaded I get the

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating the driver, etc. but
nothing works. Also, I'm not sure if this is connected but I tried the sfc
/scannow and it gets to a certain point and then the computer shuts down.

Joker

More about : floppy drive disappeared

May 30, 2005 5:38:52 PM

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Reasons for this error include a driver that
is not present; a binary file that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or a
driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not
be loaded.
Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall
or upgrade the driver.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the
troubleshooting wizard.

--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"News" wrote:

> I was trying to load some info off an old 3.5 floppy and found that the
> computer does not seem to recognize it. The drive itself is fine because I
> can boot from it, but when windows xp is fully loaded I get the
>
> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>
> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating the driver, etc. but
> nothing works. Also, I'm not sure if this is connected but I tried the sfc
> /scannow and it gets to a certain point and then the computer shuts down.
>
> Joker

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 12:28:18 AM

The Floppy Disk Drive Is Missing in My Computer Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812489

Floppy Disk Drive Does Not Appear in the My Computer Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;817196

Additional info:
CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code
39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

News wrote:
> I was trying to load some info off an old 3.5 floppy and found that
> the computer does not seem to recognize it. The drive itself is fine
> because I can boot from it, but when windows xp is fully loaded I get
> the
> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver
> may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>
> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating the driver, etc.
> but nothing works. Also, I'm not sure if this is connected but I
> tried the sfc /scannow and it gets to a certain point and then the
> computer shuts down.
> Joker
Related resources
June 1, 2005 1:22:16 AM

B> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver
B> may be
B> corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Reasons for this error include a
B> driver that
B> is not present; a binary file that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or
B> driver that references an entry point in another binary file that
B> could not
B> be loaded.
B> Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to
B> reinstall
B> or upgrade the driver.

B> On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to
B> start the
B> troubleshooting wizard.

B> --
B> Some days you're the windshield,
B> some days you're the bug.

B> "News" wrote:

>> I was trying to load some info off an old 3.5 floppy and found that
>> the
>> computer does not seem to recognize it. The drive itself is fine
>> because I
>> can boot from it, but when windows xp is fully loaded I get the

>> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver
>> may be
>> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

>> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating the driver, etc.
>> but
>> nothing works. Also, I'm not sure if this is connected but I tried
>> the sfc
>> /scannow and it gets to a certain point and then the computer shuts
>> down.

>> Joker

Did that, no good.
--
Joker
"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

T> The Floppy Disk Drive Is Missing in My Computer Folder
T> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812489

That solved the problem.
--
Joker
"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."
Gen. 21:6
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:00:15 PM

Pleased the problem is solved.