standby option suddenly gone

Standby (and hibernatiion) option suddenly greyed out; power options have
also been limited; simultaneous w/this happening computer stalls every 15 min
then comes back on; all after much game downloading; ran virus app: no known
virus. Help please.
--
....if you give a pig and a boy anything they want you'll have a good pig and
a bad boy!

    See:
    So you've lost (or never had) Standby and/or Hibernate?
    http://www.rickrogers.org/standby.htm

    If not:
    Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/rollback.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "swellfella" <swellfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Standby (and hibernatiion) option suddenly greyed out; power options have
    > also been limited; simultaneous w/this happening computer stalls every 15
    > min
    > then comes back on; all after much game downloading; ran virus app: no
    > known
    > virus. Help please.
    > --
    > ...if you give a pig and a boy anything they want you'll have a good pig
    > and
    > a bad boy!

    I would suspect BIOS tampering by one of the games.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "swellfella" <swellfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E55E341D-CF0E-41E3-8B15-D84FD238136D@microsoft.com...
    > Standby (and hibernatiion) option suddenly greyed out; power options have
    > also been limited; simultaneous w/this happening computer stalls every 15 min
    > then comes back on; all after much game downloading; ran virus app: no known
    > virus. Help please.
    > --
    > ...if you give a pig and a boy anything they want you'll have a good pig and
    > a bad boy!

Virus Windows XP