standby option suddenly gone

Standby (and hibernatiion) option suddenly greyed out; power options have
also been limited; simultaneous w/this happening computer stalls every 15 min
then comes back on; all after much game downloading; ran virus app: no known
virus. Help please.
--
....if you give a pig and a boy anything they want you'll have a good pig and
a bad boy!

See:
So you've lost (or never had) Standby and/or Hibernate?
http://www.rickrogers.org/standby.htm

If not:
Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur:
http://www.winxptutor.com/rollback.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"swellfella" <swellfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Standby (and hibernatiion) option suddenly greyed out; power options have
> also been limited; simultaneous w/this happening computer stalls every 15
> min
> then comes back on; all after much game downloading; ran virus app: no
> known
> virus. Help please.
> --
> ...if you give a pig and a boy anything they want you'll have a good pig
> and
> a bad boy!

I would suspect BIOS tampering by one of the games.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509