Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Not a whole lot. If you dont want to shell out the $$$ for the GT, then this is a great card. I have one of the BFG company and it runs great! If you can open the 4 pipes then performance will jump to even closer to the GT. All in all solid card!

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"

This card is much slower than the GT, uses slower rated memory than the GT and Vanilla GF6800 (also clocked differently than regular vanilla GF6800 IIRC) and even if you do open the extra pipes (a gamble at best) the passive nature of it's cooling will severly limit where you can take it from there. If you need passive cooling (quiet) and you don't mind having a GF6800 (since it's unlikely to be much more than that), then this is a good card from a solid maker. Otherwise forget the passive cooling and go with a regular GT or even a retail OC'ed GF6800 which are likely available for less money.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Lazerous

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
I just bought the:
Giga-byte nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "GV-N68T256DH"

from Newegg. I paid $399 for this just last weekend but i looked at it again to show a friend of mine and they raised the price this week to $459.50.

This one is not passive cooling however. it has a fan over the heatsink as well. i have heard that this one can be OC'd to achieve at least as good of performance as the ultra but i hear they run hot so i may just leave it as is.

AMD 64 3700+,ASUS K8N-E Deluxe-250gb,1.5 gb PC3200,Gigabyte GeForce 6800gt 256mb,Audigy 2 ZS , 2-36.7gb 10,000 rpm Raptors/Raid 0, Thermaltake butterfly 480 watt PSU , + asst. other amenities.....