I cannot get this computer to use system restore points. Everything is
activated in the control panel. I used to have many restore points but now I
get one every day with the rest being deleted. I cannot go back to a point
beyond the current day. Not sure what to do any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.

Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in
the right pane to sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below
the two arrows in the upper right corner. This will copy the event
information to the clipboard. Paste the information for each event
here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

yooperlou wrote:
> I cannot get this computer to use system restore points.
> Everything is activated in the control panel. I used to
> have many restore points but now I get one every day with
> the rest being deleted. I cannot go back to a point
> beyond the current day. Not sure what to do any help
> would be appreciated. Thanks

brit

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2003

I have the same problem. My computer used to create restore points every now
and then automatically. It'd be fine when I created them manually. But I
checked recently and I have no restore points, automatically or otherwise. I
can't go back to see last month's either. I even created one point two weeks
ago, and it's no longer there, or accessible. I tried the link you included
to pinpoint, but I'm a little lost. The eventvwr.msc thing said 'srservice,'
category 'none,' Type 'information,' and EventID '115.'

Any ideas?

I also noticed that my screensavers installed with Screen Saver Installer
don't work anymore--I just get a blank screen when it's activated. I
appreciate any help!

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
>
> Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
> Click on System in the left pane.
>
> Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in
> the right pane to sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
> Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below
> the two arrows in the upper right corner. This will copy the event
> information to the clipboard. Paste the information for each event
> here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
> System Restore Failures to restore:
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
> System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>

> yooperlou wrote:
> > I cannot get this computer to use system restore points.
> > Everything is activated in the control panel. I used to
> > have many restore points but now I get one every day with
> > the rest being deleted. I cannot go back to a point
> > beyond the current day. Not sure what to do any help
> > would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Brit,

The eventid of 115 indicates "System Restore monitoring was enabled on
all drives". Was there any other System Restore events indicating that
monitoring was disabled?

Here are some tips when System Restore fails to create an automatic