My control panel has started appearing as a menu instead of a folder with
icons. It seems to me that there is some registry setting to fix this. Can
someone give me some help here?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:20CEB5CA-235E-434B-854B-DCB288463C3D@microsoft.com,
Art <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My control panel has started appearing as a menu instead of a folder
> with icons. It seems to me that there is some registry setting to
> fix this. Can someone give me some help here?

Depending you can either click on classic view or you can click view >
icons.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

You're referring to the Control Panel link in the XP Start Menu ?

http://www.glencoe.com/norton/norton4e/images/e_zine/csm_03.gif
Customizing the Start Menu in Windows XP:
http://www.glencoe.com/norton/online/ezine/display_article.phtml?id=232

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My control panel has started appearing as a menu instead of a folder with
> icons. It seems to me that there is some registry setting to fix this.
> Can
> someone give me some help here?

Thanks:

Once I unchecked "expand control panel" in the advanced start menu options,
it fixed the problem.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> You're referring to the Control Panel link in the XP Start Menu ?
>
> http://www.glencoe.com/norton/norton4e/images/e_zine/csm_03.gif
> Customizing the Start Menu in Windows XP:
> http://www.glencoe.com/norton/online/ezine/display_article.phtml?id=232
>

> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My control panel has started appearing as a menu instead of a folder with
> > icons. It seems to me that there is some registry setting to fix this.
> > Can
> > someone give me some help here?

You're welcome!