Can't find PCI Drivers

Hello,

Does anyone out there know how I might find drivers that would take care of
a few exclamation marks/question marks in the device manager of my Dell
Dimension L667r? The PCI Communication Device, PCI Ethernet Controller, and
PCI Multimedia Audio device are coming up sick. Went to the Dell download
site, nothing looks like a good match. I did download and install the Intel
800 series chipset drivers, and that did clear up a whole bunch of stuff,
but I think that the drivers for the (integrated ?) PCI bus are missing.

Thanks, in advance.

smackedass

David

PCI Communications Device = Dial Up Modem
PCI Ethernet = Network card
PCI Multimedia Audio = Sound card
If any of these are not the original factory installed
Dell wont have drivers for them.

Hope this helps
Dave

"smackedass" <kemanospam@capecod.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone out there know how I might find drivers that would take care
> of
> a few exclamation marks/question marks in the device manager of my Dell
> Dimension L667r? The PCI Communication Device, PCI Ethernet Controller,
> and
> PCI Multimedia Audio device are coming up sick. Went to the Dell download
> site, nothing looks like a good match. I did download and install the
> Intel
> 800 series chipset drivers, and that did clear up a whole bunch of stuff,
> but I think that the drivers for the (integrated ?) PCI bus are missing.
>
> Thanks, in advance.
>
> smackedass

Sign up for the free trial, download the program 99.99999999% successful
(but Ive never used it with a Dell PC)

www.drivermagic.com

Crunch..............

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Put your tag number in on the Dell site and it will list all the drivers you
need
"Crunchie" <scoobydoo@ljkghjhfhfhjf.cam> wrote in message

> "smackedass" <kemanospam@capecod.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone out there know how I might find drivers that would take care
>> of
>> a few exclamation marks/question marks in the device manager of my Dell
>> Dimension L667r? The PCI Communication Device, PCI Ethernet Controller,
>> and
>> PCI Multimedia Audio device are coming up sick. Went to the Dell
>> download
>> site, nothing looks like a good match. I did download and install the
>> Intel
>> 800 series chipset drivers, and that did clear up a whole bunch of stuff,
>> but I think that the drivers for the (integrated ?) PCI bus are missing.
>>
>> Thanks, in advance.
>>
>> smackedass
>>

> Sign up for the free trial, download the program 99.99999999% successful
> (but Ive never used it with a Dell PC)
>
> www.drivermagic.com
>

> Crunch..............

"smackedass" <kemanospam@capecod.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone out there know how I might find drivers that would take care
> of
> a few exclamation marks/question marks in the device manager of my Dell
> Dimension L667r? The PCI Communication Device, PCI Ethernet Controller,
> and
> PCI Multimedia Audio device are coming up sick. Went to the Dell download
> site, nothing looks like a good match. I did download and install the
> Intel
> 800 series chipset drivers, and that did clear up a whole bunch of stuff,
> but I think that the drivers for the (integrated ?) PCI bus are missing.
>
> Thanks, in advance.
>
> smackedass

All those should be expansion cards with the possible exception of the
audio.

You installing Win98? WinMe or above should find most of those devices and
sling a driver at them automatically....

Should be an Aztech or 3Com modem, a 3Com or Intel 10/100 NIC, and the card
(if not integrated) is likely a Soundblaster 64 - not likely an SBLive
value.

Stew