wap configurations for Motorola V400

Hi,

Can anybody help me with the configuration with fido's wap connexion for
a Motorola V400 in the Montreal region? I bought mine from Cingular in the
U.S. so I don't have the default configurations to use it with Fido. All
the other fonctions work but this one and when I wrote to Fido to ask about
it, they answer that since it's not one of their phones, they can't help.
But here's what I managed to get from them anyway:

APN: wap.fido.ca
ID: fido
Password: fido
WAP IP: 205.151.011.011
Port: 9201

Now here's what I have to configure on my phone (sorry for the CapsLock
thing, I noted it from while working where I must use capitals letters.)
Thanks for any help.

From the menu
WEBACCES - WEB SESSIONS - MMS - EDIT

NAME: MMS
HOMEPAGE: WWW.FIDO.CA
GATEWAY IP 1: 205.151.011.011
PORT 1: 9201
DOMAIN 1:
SERVICE TYPE 1: WAP
GATEWAY IP 2: 000.000.000.000
PORT 2: 0
DOMAIN 2:
SERVICE TYPE 2: WAP
DNS1 : 000.000.000.000
DNS2 : 000.000.000.000
TIMEOUT :10 MINUTES
CSD NO1 :
USER NAME: fido
PASSWORD: ****
SPEED (BPS)1: 9600
LINE TYPE 1: ISDN
CSD NO 2:
USER NAME 2:
PASSWORD 2:
SPEED (BPS) 2: 9600
LINE TYPE 2: ISDN
GPRS APN: wap.fido.ca
USER NAME:
PASSWORD:

From the menu
MESSAGES - EMAIL MSGS - EMAIL MSG SETUP

ISP SETTINGS: CSD
EMAIL PROVIDER: CUSTOM
PROTOCOL: POP3
USER ID:
PASSWORD
SENDING HOST: gprs.fido.ca
SENDING PORT: 25
RECEIVING HOST:
RECEIVING PORT: 110
RETURN ADDRESS:
NAME:
CLEANUP: NONE
SAVE ON SERVER: YES
NOTIFICATION: ON
CHECK NEW MSGS: NO
HIDE FIELDS:
AUTO SIGNATURE:
SECURITY:
SIZE RESTRICTION: 10240

From the menu
MESSAGES - EMAIL MSGS - EMAIL MSG SETUP - ISP SETTINGS

CONNECTION TYPE: CSD
DIAL-UP NUMBER:
USER NAME:
PASSWORD:
DNS IP: 0.0.0.0
2 answers Last reply
More about configurations motorola v400

    You may wish to obtain the manual fotr your specific phone on how to setup
    WAP/GPRS and everything else.

    If you lookup google for this newsgroup, you will find full complement of GPRS
    settings posted this year and last.

    Handsets support 2 data transfer technologies: CSD and GPRS.

    CSD essentially makes a call to some "modem" in the fido network and it uses
    your airtime to transfer data at 9600bps. Fido has returned to its original
    policy of denying it has the service.

    GPRS is a faster and more efficent access method that is non-switched (no call
    is made). This is roughly an "always on" connection (but not quite).

    Over GPRS are layered applications such as WAP, MMS, HTTP, EMAIL sending, POP etc.

    In your phone, you must ensure that WAP points to a GPRS connection. You must
    also ensure your account has GPRS services activated at either some monthly
    package or pay as you go (very expensive).

    Beware: packages are prorated based on your billing date. So for your first
    month, you may be much better off taking a more expensive package which will
    give you enough data transfer allowance. For instance for 6 days of service
    left before billing date, you can get the $25 package for 5 megs, which will
    cost you $5 for 1 meg when prorated.

    You'll have to use GPRS in your settings since Fido is phasing out CSD.
    mms.fido.ca is their MMS server. Search Howardforums.com for all your
    questions.

    "Ti-Pou" <son_ti_pou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anybody help me with the configuration with fido's wap connexion
    > for a Motorola V400 in the Montreal region? I bought mine from Cingular
    > in the U.S. so I don't have the default configurations to use it with
    > Fido. All the other fonctions work but this one and when I wrote to Fido
    > to ask about it, they answer that since it's not one of their phones, they
    > can't help. But here's what I managed to get from them anyway:
    >
    > APN: wap.fido.ca
    > ID: fido
    > Password: fido
    > WAP IP: 205.151.011.011
    > Port: 9201
    >
    > Now here's what I have to configure on my phone (sorry for the CapsLock
    > thing, I noted it from while working where I must use capitals letters.)
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > From the menu
    > WEBACCES - WEB SESSIONS - MMS - EDIT
    >
    > NAME: MMS
    > HOMEPAGE: WWW.FIDO.CA
    > GATEWAY IP 1: 205.151.011.011
    > PORT 1: 9201
    > DOMAIN 1:
    > SERVICE TYPE 1: WAP
    > GATEWAY IP 2: 000.000.000.000
    > PORT 2: 0
    > DOMAIN 2:
    > SERVICE TYPE 2: WAP
    > DNS1 : 000.000.000.000
    > DNS2 : 000.000.000.000
    > TIMEOUT :10 MINUTES
    > CSD NO1 :
    > USER NAME: fido
    > PASSWORD: ****
    > SPEED (BPS)1: 9600
    > LINE TYPE 1: ISDN
    > CSD NO 2:
    > USER NAME 2:
    > PASSWORD 2:
    > SPEED (BPS) 2: 9600
    > LINE TYPE 2: ISDN
    > GPRS APN: wap.fido.ca
    > USER NAME:
    > PASSWORD:
    >
    > From the menu
    > MESSAGES - EMAIL MSGS - EMAIL MSG SETUP
    >
    > ISP SETTINGS: CSD
    > EMAIL PROVIDER: CUSTOM
    > PROTOCOL: POP3
    > USER ID:
    > PASSWORD
    > SENDING HOST: gprs.fido.ca
    > SENDING PORT: 25
    > RECEIVING HOST:
    > RECEIVING PORT: 110
    > RETURN ADDRESS:
    > NAME:
    > CLEANUP: NONE
    > SAVE ON SERVER: YES
    > NOTIFICATION: ON
    > CHECK NEW MSGS: NO
    > HIDE FIELDS:
    > AUTO SIGNATURE:
    > SECURITY:
    > SIZE RESTRICTION: 10240
    >
    > From the menu
    > MESSAGES - EMAIL MSGS - EMAIL MSG SETUP - ISP SETTINGS
    >
    > CONNECTION TYPE: CSD
    > DIAL-UP NUMBER:
    > USER NAME:
    > PASSWORD:
    > DNS IP: 0.0.0.0

Fido Wireless Access Internet Service Providers