Can't view TV or videos in WinXP MCE 2005

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am trying to view live TV or videos (e.g. WMV format) with MCE 2005, which
was upgraded from MCE 2004, but when I try that my monitor flickers as though
it's trying to sync the video to my monitor (I do sometimes hear the sound
from the TV channel or video selected). After a few seconds, MCE 2005
freezes and I have to kill it using Task Manager.

Media Player 10 works fine in standalone mode. I also do not have a DivX
player installed. Anyone have an idea of what might be happening and how to
correct this without reinstalling MCE 2005?

Reinstall your DVD decoding software.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to view live TV or videos (e.g. WMV format) with MCE 2005,
>which
> was upgraded from MCE 2004, but when I try that my monitor flickers as
> though
> it's trying to sync the video to my monitor (I do sometimes hear the sound
> from the TV channel or video selected). After a few seconds, MCE 2005
> freezes and I have to kill it using Task Manager.
>
> Media Player 10 works fine in standalone mode. I also do not have a DivX
> player installed. Anyone have an idea of what might be happening and how
> correct this without reinstalling MCE 2005?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1609EF4C-9A33-44AF-A659-CA4E57AB2192@microsoft.com,
Marc <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I am trying to view live TV or videos (e.g. WMV format) with MCE
> 2005, which was upgraded from MCE 2004, but when I try that my
> monitor flickers as though it's trying to sync the video to my
> monitor (I do sometimes hear the sound from the TV channel or video
> selected). After a few seconds, MCE 2005 freezes and I have to kill
> it using Task Manager.
>
> Media Player 10 works fine in standalone mode. I also do not have a
> DivX player installed. Anyone have an idea of what might be
> happening and how to correct this without reinstalling MCE 2005?

If no one helps you then you should try here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

Galen

Sherlock Holmes