MBR Error 3

May 30, 2005 3:15:26 PM

When i start my Dell (XPPro/SP2) i got a massage "MBR Error 3" for a short
time, after that the system starts normal. My research how to fix this error
wasnt real helpfull.

Please i need to now in what way i can fix it.
(not sure if i can fix it with writing new mbr from recovery console)

Thanks :)

More about : mbr error

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:13:23 PM

MBR most likely refers to the "Master Boot Record". There is a utility available in the Recovery Console mode to repair that.

Boot to the XP setup CD, and press 'r' for recovery console, run the command : FIXBOOT /MBR

Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314058

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Powerrun" <Powerrun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046BD431-9934-4371-AF9A-27EFE4301519@microsoft.com...
> When i start my Dell (XPPro/SP2) i got a massage "MBR Error 3" for a short
> time, after that the system starts normal. My research how to fix this error
> wasnt real helpfull.
>
> Please i need to now in what way i can fix it.
> (not sure if i can fix it with writing new mbr from recovery console)
>
> Thanks :)

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 1:31:02 AM

Thank you for the help :)

as i did the FIXBOOT /MBR command i got an massage that there is no
System Partition or cant be found.

Little shocked i tryed FIXBOOT c: and voila, a new System Partition was
written into the MBR. :)

u guys are doing a good job

bye
Oliver B.
(Germany)
June 8, 2005 7:58:02 PM

ARG!

After a few days i get the same massage at startup!

MBR ERROR 3

Any ideas what to do to fix that, or why i get this massage again??

I can give more infos about my system if needed. Pls help. thanks

!