ASUS A9600XT

unoc

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
I warn all of you to not buy the graphic card ASUS A9600XT if it is to be installed on a system with the ASUS A8V motherboard and a AMD 64 3800+ CPU. Why ?
Because it is my system where I tried to install such graphic card. I tried two different card with the same results. There are no drivers that works, asus driver as well as ATI 4.12 driver.
I instead bought a Sapphire ATI 9800 Pro card. In the same system it works perfectly as soon as I installed the card in the PC.
I wrote to ASUS (tsd@asus.com) but I didn't receive any answer since August 2004 (really ASUS does not have any web support !).

______________________ <font color=red>A straight line never ends……………….until it comes up against a vicious circle</font color=red>

unoc

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
The card works only if I do not install any driver. The card works very slowly but work. If I install a driver (any, from Ausus or ATI), as soon Windows XP boots it starts to show coloured lines and the mouse pointer is blocked. After few seconds the system reboot automatically.
So I enter in "safe mode" and the system tells me that the system had problems with the video card.
If I reboot the system I am not able to start windows. The only way to use the PC is to uninstall the video card.
Substituting that card with the Sapphire 9800Pro I didn't have problems any more.

______________________ <font color=red>A straight line never ends……………….until it comes up against a vicious circle</font color=red>