My Display Properties will not show all the tabs

When I go to Display properties the only tabs that show up are screensaver
and settings. All I have is a black background and it wont let me change it.
I need to know how to get the Desktop Themes and Backgrounds Tabs back. If
you know how please tell me!

"MelJ08" wrote:

> When I go to Display properties the only tabs that show up are screensaver
> and settings. All I have is a black background and it wont let me change it.
> I need to know how to get the Desktop Themes and Backgrounds Tabs back. If
> you know how please tell me!

The tabs came back but I still cant cange the background. It will not let me
choose anything but a color.

Try
Line 285. Restore All Display Tabs (right column).

--
Michael

> The tabs came back but I still cant cange the background. It will not let
> me
> choose anything but a color.

You might want to try
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_w.htm

Click on the following web page link.
Allow Wallpaper/Background Changes

I tried all of that. It still will not let me pick anything other than single
colored backgrounds. It is greyed out so I cant pick any of the picture
background or any from My Pictures.

>I tried all of that. It still will not let me pick anything other than
>single
> colored backgrounds. It is greyed out so I cant pick any of the
> picture
> background or any from My Pictures.

Scan your system to rid of Spyware, malware, and parasites.

Adaware SE (free)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download

Spybot - search and destroy (free)

Trend Micro - Housecall (free)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Make a Registry Edit

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
or
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
In the right-hand pane, delete "NoChangingWallPaper" or change the value
to 0.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
In the right-hand pane, delete "Wallpaper" and "WallpaperStyle".

If you have XP Pro, use the Group Policy (gpedit.msc)

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Desktop > Active desktop

Set "Active Desktop Wallpaper" and "Allow only bitmap wallpaper" to
Not Configured.

--
William

You might to also run the registry hack at line 128 (right column).
"Restore Desktop and Screensaver Tabs"

Use the same link as below - http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Finally, make sure your system is free of viruses and Spyware - there was at
least one (Smitfraud.c Trojan) that limited Display properties.