Windows Media Center Errors - ehRec.exe and MCE Host Module

Hi,

I am running Windows XP Media Center 2004 on an HP zd7000. All of a sudden I
am having problems with
the Media Center. When I start media center and click on my tv, I get an
error that says "
ehRec.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Sometimes the picture will start, and if it does it plays live TV for about
10 second then stops with a message "Play to continue" I click play and the
TV plays the same 10 second content then stops again.

Then I get the following message
"Media Center Host Module has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Additionally, I can no longer download the guide.

I have tried system restore and can't access any restore points older than 3
days ago, including the original. I have tried booting from the installation
disk and doing a restore on the original files. Nothing works.

I would love to reinstall just the media center portion of the OS, but all
indications are that I have to wipe the machine, just to get the TV working.
Any ideas? Please? Please, please, please?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media center errors ehrec host module

    In news:51AF8653-7802-45C7-90A0-0AA1459DCB72@microsoft.com,
    kristin <kristin@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Hi,
    <snip>

    If you don't get an answer try here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

    Also, seeing as I have yet to install MCE I can't be sure but this is
    *likely* to be true:

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install:

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

TV Media Center Windows XP