Acer vs asus! which one from these two?

Not sure which laptop to get I think they are both great models and both got solid reviews. I will be using the system for school and gaming only. The game I will be playing is world of Warcraft.

ASUS
http://www.microcenter.com/product/388092/R500VM-MS71_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Mocha

*the asus model is the k55vm, don't know why its different on micro center.*

ACER
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215404

thanks in advance :sol:
6 answers Last reply
More about acer asus
  1. If you want to game in that price range, this is what you want:

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7708074&CatId=4935

    It will destroy both of those machines. The 630 GPU might as well be integrated graphics.
  2. JefferyD90 said:
    If you want to game in that price range, this is what you want:

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7708074&CatId=4935

    It will destroy both of those machines. The 630 GPU might as well be integrated graphics.


    ????

    No way in hell is the integrated Radeon HD 7640g more powerful than a nVidia GT 630m. The GT 630m is faster then the Radeon HD 7660g and the GT 640m is roughly equivalent to a dedicated Radeon HD 7730m.

    Click the following link for some game benchmarks of the Radeon HD 7640g (scroll down). Expand the "Low" settings to see the various card benchmarked. The GT 630m is not represented in any of the benchmarks, but the slower GT 610m and GT 620m do make a few appearances.

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7640G.69836.0.html

    The below link is for the nVidia GT 630m. The Radeon HD 7640g is not compared to at all, but the Radeon HD 7660G does make a frequent appearance as part of the benchmarks. The Radeon HD 7660G + Radeon HD 7670m combo does make an appearance from time to time.

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.63761.0.html
  3. I would put that notebook up against any other in that price range. It will perform very well.
  4. JefferyD90 said:
    I would put that notebook up against any other in that price range. It will perform very well.


    Blatantly stating that a Radeon HD 7640g would "destroy both of those machines" suggests otherwise.

    The Asus R500VM-MS71 with the GT 630m only costs $32 more than the ASUS K55N-DS81 you suggested so that is still considered within the same price range for most people. Especially given the fact that $32 gives you the better performing GT 630m and the fact that the i7-3610QM extremely outclasses the A8-4500M in terms of CPU performance that it is not even funny.
  5. Please continue how that actually turns into FPS in games? The ASUS notebook that I linked is THE BEST for gaming in that price range atm.
  6. JefferyD90 said:
    Please continue how that actually turns into FPS in games? The ASUS notebook that I linked is THE BEST for gaming in that price range atm.


    Perhaps you did not bother to read one of my prior posts with links to benchmarks for the Radeon HD 7640D and nVidia GT 630m.

    What you believe and what reality is are two different things.

    Here is my post again:

    Anonymous said:


    ????

    No way in hell is the integrated Radeon HD 7640g more powerful than a nVidia GT 630m. The GT 630m is faster then the Radeon HD 7660g and the GT 640m is roughly equivalent to a dedicated Radeon HD 7730m.

    Click the following link for some game benchmarks of the Radeon HD 7640g (scroll down). Expand the "Low" settings to see the various card benchmarked. The GT 630m is not represented in any of the benchmarks, but the slower GT 610m and GT 620m do make a few appearances.

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7640G.69836.0.html

    The below link is for the nVidia GT 630m. The Radeon HD 7640g is not compared to at all, but the Radeon HD 7660G does make a frequent appearance as part of the benchmarks. The Radeon HD 7660G + Radeon HD 7670m combo does make an appearance from time to time.

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.63761.0.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Acer World Of Warcraft Laptops