Can anyone help me with this?

May 30, 2005 6:10:02 PM

Hi guy's.

I'd appreciate some help here.

I keep getting this message which stops me running two of my favourite games:

(Header Title) 16 Bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOSand Windows applications.
Choose 'close' to terminate the application.

The alternative button to 'close' is 'ignore' but both just close the message.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

All the best.

Bucky.

More about : question

May 30, 2005 8:20:04 PM

Check this link..
"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows
Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

"Southside Bucky" <gene2@microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi guy's.
|
| I'd appreciate some help here.
|
| I keep getting this message which stops me running two of my
favourite games:

| (Header Title) 16 Bit Windows Subsystem
| C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
| The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOSand Windows
applications.
| Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
|
| The alternative button to 'close' is 'ignore' but both just close
the message.

| Thanks in advance for any assistance.
|
| All the best.
|
| Bucky.

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 8:20:05 PM

Hi Ricky.

Thanks very much for your amazingly quick reply. I haven't tried the fixes
yet but I'm sure you've pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks again and all the best.

Bucky.

"Ricky" wrote:

> Check this link..
> "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows
> Based
> Program"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
> "Southside Bucky" <gene2@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi guy's.
> |
> | I'd appreciate some help here.
> |
> | I keep getting this message which stops me running two of my
> favourite games:
> |
> | (Header Title) 16 Bit Windows Subsystem
> | C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
> | The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOSand Windows
> applications.
> | Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
> |
> | The alternative button to 'close' is 'ignore' but both just close
> the message.
> |
> | Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> |
> | All the best.
> |
> | Bucky.

May 31, 2005 1:42:09 AM

Southside Bucky wrote:
> Hi guy's.
>
> I'd appreciate some help here.
>
> I keep getting this message which stops me running two of my favourite games:
>
> (Header Title) 16 Bit Windows Subsystem
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
> The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOSand Windows applications.
> Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
>
> The alternative button to 'close' is 'ignore' but both just close the message.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> All the best.
>
> Bucky.

Go to: www.google.co.uk and put in "AUTOEXEC.NT", your answer is there.
basically you have to extract the original files from the CD and it
should then work.
!