I have been looking around the forums a lot trying to find out what laptop I should get for my specifications. I currently thought that the N56VZ-RB71 would be best, especially when it was 999; however, at microcenter it is currently 1149, and while i'm not an expert, not sure if it is worth that price. So I am asking you with the questionnaire that i filled out what kind of laptop should i get? Thank you in advance for helping me
Oh wow it did not copy over, i'm a noob lol sorry.
1. What is your budget?
around 1100 (want 1100 to be max)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I do think i want something pretty big, so that i can see without squinting at least
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I need a desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need?
More the better, I'm not sure because I have yet to own a laptop to know whats supposed to be good.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes i will be playing games. the game i will be playing is world of warcraft, rift, guild wars 2, skyrim, maybe diablo 3. Medium to high settings is fine.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
just gaming, school work and streaming video.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Dont really download a whole lot other than those games i play, so not sure.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Dont own blueray, so the one before that is fine
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I dont know brands quality names to give an assumption of what I want.
13. What country do you live in?
USA, US, MI, and KY are my commutes
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I do want a laptop that is good with my phone's mobile hotspots, if that makes a difference. I watch amazon prime a lot and plan to do so with the laptop, along with being away from a plug for at least 4 hours, if i can buy a backup battery I could do that too.
That's actually what I was trying to figure out. Didn't know that they actually sold car adapters for laptops, so that's a plus. I work security, sometimes in a guard shack and sometimes in my truck, so i was trying to figure out if I should go for the bigger battery or go for the charger.
HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 Select Edition Entertainment Notebook PC
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR 5 video memory
750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
32GB mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
No additional security software
Two 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Batteries
15.6-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
HP TrueVision HD Webcam
Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
Backlit Keyboard with numeric keypad
Price: $1,132.07 with tax
IdeaPad Y580 Laptop - 209945U - Dawn Gray: Weekly Deal
Processor: 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor( 2.30GHz 6MB)
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB
Memory: 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz
Display: 15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080
Pointing device: Industry Standard Multi-touch 2 button touchpad
Hard Drive: 500GB 7200 rpm
Optical Drive: Blu-ray/DVD-RW
Battery: 6 Cell Li-Polymer
Network Card: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200BGN
Warranty: One year
Form Factor: Notebook
Camera: HD Camera
HDMI: HDMI (Out)
Lenovo 120W AC Adapter(19.5V6.15A)UL
Price: 1,109.12 with tax. Not sure which one to get. Any help would be appreciated.