Never get Connect3d

CynicalPatient

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
Never, ever get a Connect3D, if you have one, and its working fine, good for you. I built my computer a couple of weeks ago. Used all safety precautions, ex. static wrist band thing, worked on hard surface, etc., and my computer was working fine. After a while, my case had an excruciatingly terribble burning smell. The problem was that there was poor ventillation in the case and the PSU was also overheating. I bought a nice ThermalTake Tsunami case and exchanged the PSU. Again, when installing all the parts back in, I took the safety precautions to not get anything fried. Well, powered computer on, and a red message saying "No power cable attached to video card appeared". I spent many hours trying to figure out this problem, visiting many forums, sites, and channels for some advice. In th eend, I decided to wait for my cousin to come over, since he had almost the exact same computer as me. We swapped video cards, and his worked... So it was not the PSU, it was the video card. I called up Connect3d, and they said that you are only supposed to have the video card installed in one computer, should not be swapping... I told them to suck their balls and shoot each other. All I did was switch vid cards from one case to another, is that so bad? Jeez, no Connect3d for me, ever again. Now I have to wait 2 days for Canada Computers, the plaec I got my vid card from, to exchange my video card, after they test it, and there is another fear that they could be jackasses and say that I fried it. Bad [-peep-] Christmas holidays.

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
maybe when your first PSU blew it damaged the card? or maybe your precautions werent good enough, and you accidently bust it while installing? I dont think you should blame a card manufacturer for a problem that was potentially your fault.

And also, even if the card was the problem, every maufacturer has the odd faulty product, it just happens, get over it.

P.S dont come here to complain, we dont give a [-peep-] about your problems.

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
Yes but this is good advice for people wanting to buy a grfx card he says connect3d suck they have sh1t customer service so connect3d should stuff themselves and we should all take are custom elseware. buy BFG nx time.

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
I don't take any precautions, I'm ruthless with my PC hardware :D

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+(12x200)</font color=blue>|<font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green>|<font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red>|<font color=purple>NEC Accucync90 19"</font color=purple>|<font color=black>Sapphire 9600XT</font color=black>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
BFG doesn't make ATi cards. Beside that, ASUS has damn good support in my experience (and they make both the best nV and ATi cards!).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

CynicalPatient

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
Actually i dont got a problem that I'm complaining about. I'm just telling potential buyers of Connect3D to watch out for this problem. This was not an odd faulty card. It was working fine. Connect3D even said this is very unusual, and it is not like on of those oddball video cards that just don't work. The guy I took it to for repair, said that this was an unusual problem and he has never seen it. There was no possible way I could bust it, because I know how to build computers and it was no accident.

Learn to understand situations fully. Don't come to the forums with an illiterate mind. I was just giving advice to people, based on my problem with Connect3D.

P.S Don't come to the forums. Period. No one gives a flying [-peep-] about you or your inability to understand things.

TRENDING THREADS