Graphics overheating?

super_gray2001

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004
Ive got a BFG Geforce 6800GT, and have had for about 4months. Up until recently i had a standard CRT monitor which i never had any problems with, then i got a IIyama TFT screen (Which i like mind).

The TFT screen didnt adapt too well to dark colours, so i was told to install something like Powerstrip and change the Gamma. I did that about 3days ago and everything was superb.

But this morning i turned on my monitor (I leave my PC on all the time) and found that the screen looked like something from the Commodore age - With the loading screens.

I reset a few times but it wouldnt budge, so i went into safe mode and uninstalled the drivers, but it didnt do the job either.

Eventually i took out the graphics card and reseated it, and then reinstalled the drivers, everything worked fine then for several hours.

I was playing a game then all of a sudden it crashed, nothing was responiding so i removed drivers in safe mode again, restarted PC and everything was fine until i installed the Nvidia Drivers.

The Drivers i have always had was the 61.77 Nvidia ones for Win XP, but i tried updating thed rivers in a hope it would work to 66.93 - Which neither helped. If no drivers are installed everything is fine, once i install i cant load up Windows. I have also unistalled Powerstrip.

Anyone have any ideas? Currently not running any graphics drivers for moment as im out of ideas

super_gray2001

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004
I reseated the Graphics card again, it installed everything fine, then suddenly out of the blue it went off on one again :/.

Somehow managed to get it working again, unsure how as it doesnt seem "right", hmm, unusual...