Need help - Newly reinstalled XPSP2 problems

I screwed up a Partition Magic/Bootmagic config so ended up
formatting/reinstalling. No viruses/spyware onboard. 2 problems exist:

1. Help & Support Center "Did you know?" isn't connecting to the internet,
even though everything else is doing just fine.

2. Just installed Word/Works 2002 and it works fine on my Admin side, but in
limited user accounts it keeps trying to install again, or at least Word
2002 does.

I could easily uninstall Word and Works, but I'd rather get around this if
possible.

All updates have been installed. Any ideas anyone?

Connection is high-speed cable, always on.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.

    Peter, check here
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm

    Kelly's may help with Help and Support.
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select H and scroll to Help
    and Support
    "Peter" <r2d2 AT cesmail DOT net> wrote in message
    >I screwed up a Partition Magic/Bootmagic config so ended up
    >formatting/reinstalling. No viruses/spyware onboard. 2 problems exist:
    >
    > 1. Help & Support Center "Did you know?" isn't connecting to the internet,
    > even though everything else is doing just fine.
    >
    > 2. Just installed Word/Works 2002 and it works fine on my Admin side, but
    > in limited user accounts it keeps trying to install again, or at least
    > Word 2002 does.
    >
    > I could easily uninstall Word and Works, but I'd rather get around this if
    > possible.
    >
    > All updates have been installed. Any ideas anyone?
    >
    > Connection is high-speed cable, always on.
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > XP Home SP2
    > P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD.

    Thanks, I'll give them a shot. May just end up formatting and
    reinstalling....yet again. Never had these problems before. The latest
    one is Windows Installer 3.1 fails to install from Windows Update....fired
    off a help request to MSFT.

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Peter, check here
    > http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm
    >
    > Kelly's may help with Help and Support.
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select H and scroll to
    > Help
    > and Support
    > "Peter" <r2d2 AT cesmail DOT net> wrote in message
    >>I screwed up a Partition Magic/Bootmagic config so ended up
    >>formatting/reinstalling. No viruses/spyware onboard. 2 problems exist:
    >>
    >> 1. Help & Support Center "Did you know?" isn't connecting to the
    >> internet, even though everything else is doing just fine.
    >>
    >> 2. Just installed Word/Works 2002 and it works fine on my Admin side, but
    >> in limited user accounts it keeps trying to install again, or at least
    >> Word 2002 does.
    >>
    >> I could easily uninstall Word and Works, but I'd rather get around this
    >> if possible.
    >>
    >> All updates have been installed. Any ideas anyone?
    >>
    >> Connection is high-speed cable, always on.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter.
    >> Toronto, Canada.
    >> XP Home SP2
    >> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD.

    I'd already looked at Kelly's site... I get stuck at the cmd: cd /d
    windir\pchealth\helpctr ... path not found.

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    XP Home SP2
    P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD.
    "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Peter, check here
    > http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm
    >
    > Kelly's may help with Help and Support.
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select H and scroll to
    > Help
    > and Support
    > "Peter" <r2d2 AT cesmail DOT net> wrote in message
    >>I screwed up a Partition Magic/Bootmagic config so ended up
    >>formatting/reinstalling. No viruses/spyware onboard. 2 problems exist:
    >>
    >> 1. Help & Support Center "Did you know?" isn't connecting to the
    >> internet, even though everything else is doing just fine.
    >>
    >> 2. Just installed Word/Works 2002 and it works fine on my Admin side, but
    >> in limited user accounts it keeps trying to install again, or at least
    >> Word 2002 does.
    >>
    >> I could easily uninstall Word and Works, but I'd rather get around this
    >> if possible.
    >>
    >> All updates have been installed. Any ideas anyone?
    >>
    >> Connection is high-speed cable, always on.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter.
    >> Toronto, Canada.
    >> XP Home SP2